Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 106 days ago
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR has an opportunity for a Water Project Manager to support the continued development of our Nevada Water Programs. Qualified candidates will have experience in the following areas:
• Water, Wastewater, and/or Watershed Planning
• Water, Wastewater, and/or Water Resources Design experience
• Permitting and Agency Coordination requirements
• Development of Design Drawings and Specifications
• Development of Technical Reports
• Drainage Study Reports and Flood Control experience a plus
The Senior Water Engineer/ Project Manager will provide client management and business development support, strategy and planning, as well as project and task management on water projects. Specific responsibilities include: Design and production support on water pursuits, and project deliverables for various municipalities, counties, state / federal agencies and the industrial market sector. Will serve as project manager on projects, and will prepare proposals, scopes of work and contract cost estimates.
Lead production and QA/QC review of design calculations and technical reports and lead preparation of engineering plans and specifications for water, wastewater, and/or water resources project. Will work independently as well as plan, organize, and supervise the work of teams of professionals and technicians.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• PE required.
• 10+ years of Water, Wastewater, and/or Water Resources experience is preferred.
• Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
• Specific software experience with InfoSWMM, HEC-HMS, and/or HEC-RAS, is preferred.
• Experience in water resources planning, hydrology/hydraulics, and drainage/flood control design preferred.
• Experience with regional and state design criteria and water permitting requirements.
• Known entity in the Nevada market preferred.
• Must have excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills and be able to manage multiple projects, resource loading, and budgets.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a project team.