Water Market Director
Do you have the passion to grow in your career and further propel Woolpert as an architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) industry leader? If so, we want to talk with you! Woolpert, Inc. is a leading-edge national AEG firm committed to a vision to become the premier AEG and strategic consulting firm, and one of the best companies to work for in the world. Woolpert delivers value to clients by blending engineering and design excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. We are seeking a talented Water Market Director to accelerate our growth in public and private water consulting services. Key consideration will be given to those candidates with experience in federal, state and municipal water programs.
This position is in the Southeast/South/Midwest region of the United States.
About the Role:
The Water Market Director is forward-looking, collaborative, and will expand Woolpert’s footprint as a national industry leader in water services, as a part of Woolpert’s Infrastructure Sector. Success will be measured by your ability to develop, lead, and manage profitable growth through “preferred provider” relationships with key strategic clients. Woolpert’s water market encompasses water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure, with a deep understanding of vital issues in water resources for humanity and the environment.
Working with market and discipline leaders, program directors, project managers, and other Woolpert subject matter experts, you will devise, execute and manage strategic planning, marketing, client/business development, capture planning activities, and industry-leading client services in the water market . You will also be collaborating, supporting and promoting other markets and practices of Woolpert in the market area to assist their growth.
- Create and assure conformance to a clear market development strategy that encompasses all water market segments and delivers on the Infrastructure Sector’s sales, growth and revenue objectives.
- Provide leadership in the development of water market personnel and in continuous evaluation of and adherence to short and long-term strategic financial objectives .
- Communicate regularly with other departments and executives, reporting on market activity.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to understand their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Drive and own the water market’s business plan to achieve market objectives that align with Woolpert’s Infrastructure Sector and firm’s strategies.
- Build and deliver Woolpert’s “trusted advisor” reputation while growing revenue and profitability, building relationships by trust through competency, delivery and thought leadership.
- Become a subject matter expert with our client’s business model while being the industry expert for Woolpert on all relevant market and financial data.
- Achieve growth goals nationally by building on existing business opportunities and securing new value-based programmatic business.
- Forge relationships with targeted prospective clients that seek to front-end problem solve and not as back-end commodity.
- 15 years of previous leadership experience within the water market services industries.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related engineering field /and or MBA.
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or related engineering field is a plus.
- Professional Engineering License such that reciprocity between jurisdictions through NCEES is possible.
- Well-connected in the water market, with a reputation as an expert leader by past clients and peers.
- Proven and recognized engineering technical skills in water, wastewater and water resources (stormwater).
- Strategic thinker who can connect vision and strategy to tactical execution.
- Strong presence and leadership skills with proven experience in building and managing cross-functional teams.
- Strong organizational development skills with confidence to develop and delegate.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, build and hold teams accountable, and achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, engage and build trust with clients and staff.
- Strong water market knowledge with financial, analytical and business acumen.
- Must be a proactive self-starter with a track record of making good decisions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting Woolpert and market, sector needs.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25-50% depending on location.
Woolpert recognizes that culture drives decisions, interactions, business and momentum, while a firm without a great culture can be profitable, it will never truly be a great firm. We make Woolpert a great place to work by unifying our efforts to define our culture while displaying, upholding and living our core values. Woolpert is certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work® for five years in a row. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people serving amazing clients.