The Role : The Water/Engineering Program Manager will oversee a small staff of Project Engineers to ensure efficient use of resources, provide expertise when challenges arise, mentor and develop the team through strong and solution oriented leadership. This position willmanage, build and strengthen programs and relationships with clients and serve as the face of Pure for key client projects. The ProgramManager requires a self-motivated professional with more than 10 years of experience in the water/wastewater industry capable of demonstrating a history of managing and expanding work into new areas with existing and new clients and growing productive relationships, and a desire to grow personally as well as professionally.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of Project Engineers that manage and support the delivery of projects and programs to ensure quality, and on-schedule and on-budget completion.
- Lead projects through hands-on project management and actively manage the project plan, deliverables, dependencies and outcome of assigned projects to ensure projects are on-schedule and on budget.
- Work collaboratively with all internal and external stakeholders to manage and meet expectations.
- Develop internal relationships to support the overall growth and success of Pure's engineering and operations groups, mentor peer and mid-level staff, and steward client satisfaction.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and clients in resolving problems.
- Define and implement project scope and plans in accordance with the contract terms, client's needs, and Pure Technologies' offerings from prospect development through project planning, execution and closeout.
- Ensure highest quality reports and project deliverables meet or exceed both client and internal expectations by implementing a deliverable quality assurance review appropriate to the project size and scope
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Professional Engineer designation
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline
- Led teams of PMs and/or Professional Engineers
- 10+ years' experience showing increasing project management responsibilities
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills - Interacts with staff, general public, clients, and contractors.
- Engineering consulting, construction, and/or water/wastewater experience
- Ability to manage key stakeholder interests, while at the same time managing conflicting priorities and business interests
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including conflict and issue resolution
- The ability to work logically and systematically, with good time management
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills plus the ability to think laterally while offering creative solutions
- IT literacy and the ability to handle electronic data
- Flexibility and the ability to manage change
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team
- Proactive with a high level of attention to detail
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours