Responsibilities include direct communications with clients on technical design topics and project schedule/budget/scope; leading project teams and communicating amongst diverse design disciplines; developing, staffing, and coordinating effective quality management processes for each project; establishing long-term client relationships and supporting business development activities. Candidates should be self-motivated, detailed oriented, quality driven, and team-focused.
Our Mid-Level Water Engineers
• Lead project teams on the delivery of wastewater treatment facility and conveyance designs and related studies.
• Assist or lead the investigation and review of technologies, equipment, and decision analysis.
• Perform sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations in accordance with established standards
• Pursue new work as proposed project manager and/or task lead on competitive pursuits, including positioning, proposing, and negotiating contracts
• Supervise, train, and mentor less experienced project engineers and designers
• Support procurement activities including supplier qualifications, bid reviews, review of design drawings and supplier documents, successful resolution of manufacturing discrepancies, support for installation, generation of as-built drawings, and onsite support
• Participate in the development of engineering studies and cost estimates
• Participate in construction support activities including responses to requests for information (RFIs), submittal reviews, construction site visits, and design revisions/ management of change, startup and commissioning and trouble-shooting.
• Prepare design milestones and schedules, staffing schedules and man-hour estimates
• Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of engineering reports, studies, calculations, and check sets
• Participate in design reviews, risk assessments, and vendor bid evaluations.
• Participate in the generation of proposals, scopes, schedules and budgets.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:• BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
• Professional Engineer in the State of Oklahoma, or the ability to obtain reciprocity within three months of start date.
• Five years experience in working with municipal clients in engineering or project management roles.
• Five years of experience in written and verbal communication of project plans and presentations.
• Experience with design of water facilities, wastewater facilities and/or conveyance infrastructure.
• Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and leading diverse teams.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:• MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related engineering discipline
• Ten years of experience working with municipal clients in engineering or project management roles
• Ten years of experience in written and verbal communication of project plans and presentations
• Experience leading and managing project teams on consulting projects
• Experience in serving municipal clients involving a wide variety of planning, consulting, design, and construction services
• Understanding of the business and political environment in Oklahoma
• Experience using at least one of these softwater packages: AutoCAD, Civil3D, Microstation, InRoads, HEC-RAS, ArcMap