This position will provide you with an exciting opportunity to support growth in our State & Local Client Sector, more specifically Water Design-Build. We are looking for a strong and determined people leader who will ensure client satisfaction and help build our design-build business in the United States and Canada and support growth in Europe specifically United Kingdom.
You will need to develop a thorough understanding of business development and sales priorities, and work to ensure that CH2M is the provider-of-choice for our clients. You should be a self-motivated professional with at least 15+ years of construction experience and 5 to 10 years of experience in the Water DB industry either in sales or delivery.
Our Water Design-Build Sales Managers:
• Support business development activities leading to the award of design-build contracts. This typically includes client relationship development, project-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, oral presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
• Develop a thorough understanding of traditional design-bid-build, design-build (DB), and design-build-operate (DBO) and design-build-operate-finance (DBFO) contracting mechanisms as well as the industry and competitive environment across the United States and Canada.
• Demonstrate a full understanding of the DB Delivery model and sales process, including all the permutations (lump sum, progressive, CMAR, GCCM) being used in the industry today.
• Demonstrate the ability to build, manage, positively motivate, and work within high-performance technical and sales teams.
• Demonstrate the ability to build trust and relationships with Clients and Client Account Managers (CAM’s) and educate them both on delivery options and approaches.
• Work hand in hand with regional operations to develop and execute strategies to build the pipeline, improve the capture rate and grow. Influence attribute is critical here.
• Serve as an outside sales leader, interface directly with Clients, go toe to toe in negotiating with our teaming partners (engineering and contractors), sub-contractors, operators, attorney’s, financiers and client procurement organizations. This job is not managing a team but be a sales lead while managing the team in parallel.
• Lead and manage small high performing sales teams through all phases of a pursuit to accomplish established objectives consistent with our business development process and within set budgets and schedules.
• Be accountable for generating statement-of-qualification packages, proposals, and/or presentations, in partnership with the procurement team, that are client-focused, meet proposal requirements, and are consistent with the sales strategy while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M’s business and policy expectations are met in the areas of: health and safety, engineering, quality, financial, project delivery, and risk, scope and change management.
• Demonstrate effective listening and strong team and consensus building skills.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in related engineering, construction management or applicable discipline
- 15years progressively responsible consulting and/or constructionexperience.
- 5 years of experience in the Water Design-Build industry in sales or delivery.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Be adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and leading diverse teams.
- Strong understanding of both project delivery and business development tools and metrics and a proven history leading project and sales teams to successfully meet client expectations.
- Experience with multiple delivery methods is desired.