- Develop and successfully execute a sales plan that achieves new and significant sales and market share growth in all water management platforms and central controls, controllers, and associated water saving product categories in select regions.
- Justify and execute promotional programs intended to drive sales of the technical products, assuring market share gains are achieved.
- Work with the local sales team, including distributionsales staff and Rain Bird Authorized Service Providers (ASPs) to actively manage and assure Rain Bird is involved in all key / large central control projects.
- Work in conjunction with the local sales team in the development and implementation of the SBU Strategic Plans as they pertain to technical products.
- Collaborate with SBU Marketing to ensure product line plans, marketing programs; product / service launches and marketing materials meet the current and future needs of the end user customers.
- Work with the local sales team to maintain a seamless and cohesive approach to the market, while achieving the sales goals for the technical products.
- Prepare regular and special salesreports, as assigned, including bimonthly reports, strategic plans, market share analyses, etc.
- Be the regional expert for all central control products for the Rain Bird Sales Team, as well as, external customers. Fully understand technical product applications and design.
- Assist in the development and marketing launch of key technical products.
- Provide product application assistance to designers / specifiers, contractors, distributors, end-users and Rain Bird Sales Team.
- Travel to various regions in support of sales efforts and industry events (travel approximately 60%).
- 10+ years of technical marketing and/or technical salesexperience.
- Direct report management experience.
- Undergraduatedegree with an emphasis on Business, Engineering or Landscape Architecture.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and leadership skills.
- Strong written, verbal, computer, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, technical, and communication skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of the landscape irrigation market or building management systems.
- Background in commercial design and/or project sales and management.
- MBA degree is highly desirable.
- Experiencemarketing and/or selling products through distribution.
- Bi-lingual – English and Spanish.
Rain Bird is an Equal Opportunity Employer.