Requisition Number 2018-10269
About the opportunity
SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Water Business Line Lead for the Texas/Gulf Coast region. You will work with our senior management andproject managers in Houston, Baton Rouge, Austin, San Antonio and Arlington to take maximum advantage of SWCA’s existing contractual relationships withstate, local and private water agencies. You will also use your professional relationships and expertise to expand SWCA’s footprint in coastal restoration and water infrastructure work. This is a regular, salaried position eligible for bonusesbased on performance and our Employee Stock Option Program retirement plan.
What you will accomplish
Our five offices in the Texas-Gulf Coast region are growing and we need a motivated business development leader to flourish with them. SWCA is one of the largest purely environmental consulting firms in the U.S with over 500 environmental and cultural resource professionals. SWCA provides clients withsolutions in areas such as ecological restoration, stormwater testing and pollution prevention planning, Clean Water Act and National Environmental Policy Act compliance, hydrogeological assessments, mitigation banking, environmental site assessments, endangered species planning, and cultural resource compliance.
You will serve as a business line leader, working with our offices and corporate leaders to identify the best opportunities for SWCA in the Texas/Gulf Coast. You will meet with agencies and clients, both existing and prospects, and inform them about SWCA’s range of services and increase our business profile. Projects brought in or led by you will benefit from your quality control expertise and direct management, where warranted. The position will also help Texas/Gulf Coast offices enhance their marketing materials and identify improved procedures to assure client needs are met.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate environmental, engineering, business development or relevant water industry-related field
- Can demonstrate at least ten (10) years of working on water projects that have an environmental component
- Can demonstrate relationships with relevant Texas-Gulf Coast agencies and clients in the water industry
- Proven ability to identify opportunities and develop, lead, and implement cradle-to-grave pursuits. This includes leading the development of both proposals and presentations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of NEPA and other state and federal environmental laws and regulations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to take a logical approach to tasks
- Robust organizational, analytical, and document management skills with the ability to work on more than one activity at a time, often meeting tight deadlines
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.