HDR has an outstanding career opportunity for an experienced water industry professional to serve in a leadership position as our Northern CA Water Business Group Manager (BGM). In this role, you will have the opportunity to expand and grow our strong water business in the regional marketplace. As part of our world-class organization and in collaboration with our outstanding technical and business professionals, you will help shape our future strategic and geographic development. This is an opportunity to take a strong, mature group to the next level. This role will be based in one of our Northern California offices and will require (primarily regional) business travel.
In the role of the Northern CA Water Business Group Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Lead overall group and drive long-term growth and profitability.
- Develop, implement and maintain effective area business group programs.
- Take responsibility for development of strategies, new business prospects, technical services, quality, and production methods and standards, all within established goals and objectives of the business group, region and company.
- Oversee and implement processes within the business group including quality assurance, business required processes, and corporate requirements.
- Manage staff members including development, morale, retention, succession planning, and hiring. Serve as a mentor.
- Participate in the annual strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Work cooperatively with regional and area managers, other area business group managers, technical directors and marketing managers.
- Be committed to quality, improvement and HDR values.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
The BGM will also function as a senior project manager and technical advisor on projects in addition to management responsibilities. The BGM will take a leadership role in key pursuits, and serve as a client manager for key clients and as a project principal for medium and large projects. As part of this role, the BGM is expected to:
- Lead and coordinate services with other groups locally and nationally.
- Work cooperatively with National Directors and marketing professionals in local and national efforts.
- Contribute to client management, marketing, planning, proposals and interviews. Collaborate with Water Business Group Market Sector Directors and the Regional Business Group Director to bring the WBG vision to fruition in the Nor CA market place.
- Develop, review and manage scopes of work and budget for large projects. Coordinate with other business groups in Northern California as part of the leadership team.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field.
- Registered Professional Engineer in California, or the ability to gain reciprocity.
- Fifteen (15) plus years of project and program management related experience in the water market sector.
- Demonstrated experience with leading diverse teams.
- Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values.
- Actively engaged in professional or industry associations to enhance HDR technical expertise and brand.