Parsons is seeking a Wastewater Design Engineer II with SOLID experience and background in water/wastewater treatment facility and potable water systems drainge design to join our water/wastewater group in our Parsons San Diego office. This position will be a design engineering contributor role, supporting planning, design and engineering phases and working with other design engineers for municipal and industrial clients and permitting agencies on water/wastewater treatment plant upgrade and expansion projects, and potable water/wastewater system planning.
The primary work location for these positions will be at Parsons Seattle office. This role will primarily support wastewater and water treatment projects in Washington State and surrounding region. The ideal candidate will have solid recent experience with municipal wastewater treatment and water systems facility design ,and be seeking an opportunity to work on multiple challenging projects and demonstrate a solid base of technical knowledge and skills to support various water/wastewater projects.
- Perform design on a range of water/wastewater infrastructure projects, including preparation of planning studies, field conditions assessments, preliminary design, final design, and office and field services during construction.
- As a designer, prepare improvement plans, specifications, and cost estimates
- Prepare hydraulic calculations (system head curve) and heat/airflow calcs to analyze existing/proposed conditions for design of the new pump station; conformed design to meet the effluent parameters as per specifications and client standards. (MS Excel)
- Draft engineering plan/profile sheets, grading, civil, mechanical plans/sections per AWWA standards. (AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- Create pipe network of all existing utilities based on record drawings. (AutoCAD Civil 3D)
- Generate surface profile along alignment using survey points. (AutoCAD Civil 3D) • Coordinated and created the project construction schedule. (Microsoft Project)
- Review sub-consultants (structural, mechanical, electrical) plans and specifications.
- Inspected existing infra. for code compliance with City, Federal, State, Regional regulations
- Attended pre-construction meeting discussing public relations and prepared meeting minutes
- Assist senior design engineers on large, complex projects, including task management.
- Bring creativity in predesign and design for value added solutions
- Participate in communication and strong relationship with regulatory agencies to support project permitting.
- Communicate and work directly with clients, when needed.
- Assist Senior Engineers in various project facility design work.
- A 4 year degree from a credited university in Civil Engineering is required.
- 5 years or more plus of experience in municipal water and wastewater engineering, primarily focused on wastewater treatment
- Proficiency with Microstation and/or Autocad is essential
- An EIT is highly preferred for this role. PE is desirable.
Proven ability to perform in a lead design engineer capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are required. Must also possess a thorough knowledge of Microstation or Autocad