We are looking for WAS Admin ?for our client in Austin, TX
Job Title: WAS Admin
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strong working knowledge of build and deployment methodologies combined with familiarity with multiple application technologies and operating systems.
- Designs and implements build and deployment procedures that are used to support software products development and use.
- Trains software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards.
- Deployment of Java applications in J2EE architecture.
- Address and lead new or changed requirements and failures and defects in the work products.
- Maintain a change request process, maintain configuration management documentation in an intranet repository and generate and distribute configuration management reports as requested.
- Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using scriptinglanguages to improve software modeling and development.
- Participate in management and technical reviews and support configuration management audits.
- Store and retrieve configuration items from a configuration management system to include but not limited to, store and recover archived versions of configuration items; store, update, and retrieve configuration management records and create configuration management reports from the configuration management system.
- Integrate and build software releases with a follow-up on investigating reported failures.
- Provide support for configuration planning, management, and control of the Configuration Control Board.
- Participate in weekly on call role rotations for supporting deployments and critical issues after hours. Participate in a monthly fire fighter role rotations for supporting deployments and critical issues during the work day
- 4-7 years experience with IBM Websphere Application Server 7/8 Administration, configuration and troubleshooting
- 4-7 years experience with Jython Scripting for deployment automation
- 4-7 years proficiency with UNIX (Solaris) and Windows operating systems
- 4+ years experience with BMC Middleware Automation (BMA) development
- 4-7 years experience with ant, maven scripting for build automation
- 4-7 years experience with full SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) involvement from analysis and planning to development and deployment.
- 4-7 years experience with coding languages and environments including but not limited to Java, J2EE, EJB (Enterprise Java Beans), JSP (JavaServer Pages / Stored Procedures), JSF/Struts (JavaServer Faces, Apache Struts Framework), XML (eXtensible Markup Language), Spring, Hibernate, Oracle and Cognos
- 4-7 years experience of excellent technical problem-solving skills and programming ability in J2EE application environments
- 4-7 years of Development experience with implementing applications involving WebSphere Portal Server, WAS (WebSphere Application Server), JSP (Java Servlets), LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol), Java Portlets, EJB, JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity), SQL (Structured Query Language), and JNDI (Java Naming and Directory Interface).
- 4-7 years experience with Object modeling and design experience is essential.
- 4-7 years knowledge of best practices in the areas of application design, performance, scalability and maintainability is also required.
- 4+ years experience with BMC Release Lifecycle Management – Release Process Management (BRPM)
- 2 years experience with Ruby Scripting
- 4+ years experience with IBM Websphere Portal Server 8, Process Server BPM 8.x, Operation Decision Manager (ODM) 8.x, Data Power
- 4+ years experience in IBM RAF, Build Forge and BMC BMA, BSA, RLM, RPM tools to manage middleware automation and build and deployment.
- 2+ years experience in management of large application development environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity or knowledge of Rational tools