Maintenance and growth of Bobcat and Doosan's position of leadership in the world-wide equipment market through the insurance of our product reliability, quality, safety and distribution capability. This is accomplished through identifying problem trends, solutions and communication of information and ideas to Manufacturing, Engineering, Marketing, Marketing Services to and from the Bobcat & Doosan distributionchannel. This is accomplished through management of dealer warranty and supplier recovery processes.
Role & Responsibility:
- Manage staffing requirements for the operation of the Warranty department, which dealer warranty processing and supplier recovery.
- Develop and manage the operating budget for the department. Development of the staff through coaching, training and mentoring, and making sure that team members have the tools required to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee the strategy and team that processes dealer claims with a fair settlement to dealers and customers, ensuring that proper labor rates and hours are applied and that claims are coded properly for vendor recovery and reporting purposes.
- Ensure that correct limits are set for failure code, to fairly compensate dealers for warranty repairs and maintain control levels without our automated system.
- Communicate warranty trends to Product Engineering, Mfg Engineering, Sourcing, and Parts teams.
- Use the Warranty Reports to set the overall strategy for the company in regards to warranty and recovery.
- Recover Company's expenses for warranty failures that occurred because of a defect of a component that was purchased from an outside source.
- Ensure that team is properly archiving all warranty and delivery related documents for the periods of time listed in the corporate record retention policy guidelines.
- Develop the criteria and strategy for the dealer audit process.
- Set the strategy for extended warranty business for revenue and margin generation and drive growth. Create extended warranty planportfolio. Design plan terms and coverage options. Develop marketing materials, promotions, and programs.
- Define Planned Maintenance Strategy that aligns with the business needs of Bobcat, Dealers and Customers.
- Define Used Equipment Warranty and Certified Pre-Owned strategy that aligns with the business needs of Bobcat, Dealers and Customers.
- Education Required: Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field
- Experience Required: 10>15 years
- Travel Required: 10-24%
- LSS Black Belt preferred
- Prior demonstrated quality improvement management.
- Strong demonstrated influencing skills.
- Strong process orientation to develop solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to motivate and leverage staff for changing business strategies/priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- MS Office Competency