This position is responsible for flawless execution of the Shipping functions to exceed safety, efficiency and profitability objectives within the departments.
• Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Shipping departments to exceed performance goals.
• Manage, lead, and develop a staff of supervisors to establish a high performance work team.
• Develop and implement cost savings projects to improve overall departmental efficiency.
• Engage with network peers to identify, create, and promote improvements in service and cost efficiency as a team
• Budget planning and management.
Position skills and qualifications desired:
• B.S. in a related field from an accredited 4-year college.
• 5+ years progressive related experience within a distribution logistics field with minimum 3 years managing Supervisors
• Experience in food manufacturing and/ or distribution preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to develop people, teams, and oneself through innovative means.
• Demonstrated ability to both lead a team and work in a matrix organization
• Ability to influence at all levels of the organization and across all functions
• Ability to prioritize duties in a changing environment and still meet business objectives
• Excellent communication skills and ability to address issues in a timely manner.
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Ability to develop and adhere to department budget.
• Ability to be hands on manager with the skills and fortitude to work in a fast paced, challenging food manufacturing environmentSee More
Valid through: 8/13/2020