Under general direction of the site manager, the Warehouse Operations Manager plans, directs, and manages the activities and personnel engaged in facility operations by implementing strategies to manage departmental operations and assist in developing a operations staff of first line supervisors.
- Lead, coach, mentor and inspire others to achieve optimum results by demonstrating role model behavior on a consistent basis in all that is said and done.
- Assist in implementing strategies to manage the timely delivery of all operations services in and under all circumstances.
- Establish review of new customer facility operations standards and identify plan for implementation of new and/or revised policies and/or procedures to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Participate and contribute in the evaluation of new automated facility operations management systems and enhancement of existing systems.
- Manage facility operations continuous improvement goals by reviewing direct reports performance as well as monitoring current year performance.
- Contribute to team effort by leading intra-departmental teams in review of processes to improve facility operations functions.
- Assist the Site Manager in defining the personnel requirements and training of department employees.
- Oversee and supervise the Facilities Coordinator, Industrial Engineer, Production and Warehouse Supervisors and System Maintenance Technicians.
- Work with the Site Manager to ensure that incoming work fits the facility capabilities and is processed correctly to issue proper billing.
- Analyze division or department budget requests to identify areas in which reductions can be made, and allocates operating budget.
- Confer with administrative personnel and reviews activity, operating, and sales reports to determine changes in programs or operations required.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Issue monthly reports in a timely manner summarizing facility operations activity and status.
- Performs other duties assigned by management representatives within the scope of responsibility and the requirements of the job.
- A minimum of 7-10 years of warehouse operations experience.
- A minimum of 4 years in a supervisory capacity is required; or equivalent combination of education and work experience are required.
- Experience in a supply chain or fulfillment environment is strongly preferred.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of facility operations supply chain management systems and capable of learning how such automated systems function.
- Knowledge of facility operations supply chain management planning techniques; Knowledge of budgeting methods and systems.
- Knowledge of leadership, managerial, and supervisory techniques and principles.
- Skill in performing detailed work in an accurate and organized manner.
- Skill in effective oral and/or written communication; Skill in conflict resolution.
- Skill in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, E-Mail, Word and Internet Explorer.
- Ability to communicate well with employees at all levels of responsibility.