About Our Company
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. , based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc. C&S Wholesale Grocers is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
As Warehouse Operations Manager, you are responsible for the operations of thegrocery warehouse and warehouse maintenance and support facilities. You will be accountable for achieving overall operating results consistent with individual and company performance goals. You will direct ongoing communication and collaboration withcustomers of the grocery warehouse and ensure results meet or exceed customer expectations for product quality and service reliability, speed and accuracy.
This position is responsible for overseeing maintenance processes, record keeping, safety protocol, security services and inventory control to ensure distribution center work teams, service providers, equipment and physical assets are safe and secure. Additionally, you will oversee recruiting and training of team members and ensures team members are provided ongoing skills development and coaching to improve job performance and enable individuals to improve their advancement potential within the organization.
- Review and evaluate performance of all distribution center functions, address performance gaps, and take corrective action, as needed, to ensure the managers of each functional area are delivering on operating goals
- Assess business conditions, evaluate emerging business needs (e.g., seasonality, promotion events) and takes action to address near-term opportunities to improve service, reduce costs and/or generate incremental revenue to enhance operational results across the distribution system
- Assist with the preparation of the annual operating budget for assignedwarehouses and support functions; evaluate and adjust proposed budgets to achieve overall company goals and approve final operating budgets for submission to thedirector of distribution
- Assist with the preparing, evaluating and approving capital expenditure proposals toreplace or upgrade facilities and equipment and submit proposals with justification tothe director of distribution for entry into the annual capital budgeting process for warehouse and distribution
- Direct the adoption and use of improved processes, new equipment and new facilities; accountable for achieving incremental business results from the use of these investments
- Create high customer service expectations among team members, monitor results with customers to ensure performance is meeting expectations and take action to correct performance gaps and/or address improvement opportunities
- Accountable for maintaining a safe work environment for team members and visitors at the assigned distribution center in accordance with company policies and health and safety regulations, including elimination of accidents, and maintaining security ofdistribution center team members and facilities while on company property
- Assist with identifying necessary remodels or replacement of obsolete or unproductive assets based on operational need and economic justification
- Oversee record keeping, inspections, audits and safety training
- Conduct performance appraisals and coach direct reports to enhance individual and team performance
- Assist in the development of individual and team performance improvement goals aimed at supporting achievement of company objectives
- Develop and maintain a succession plan; accountable for training and staffing activities that provide equal opportunity for motivated team members to advance in theorganization
- Monitor the effectiveness of development and skill building systems against productivity and employee turnover goals and take corrective action as needed
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Eight (8) years' experience in retail operations, distribution, transportation, logistics and / or supply chain management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of financial analysis and operational analysis
- Good PC skills, including experience using Windows, word processing, spreadsheets and email software
- Able to communicate complex and detailed information verbally via telephone and in person, and in writing
- Extensive experience and skill in retail distribution processes, logistics, supply chain management, warehouse operations and transportation management
- Very strong leadership skills, including team facilitation, training and motivation
- Very strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Adept at preparing and delivering an address or presentation in a business setting
- Able to handle multiple tasks, organize and coordinate activities effectively in complex situations
1st Shift (United States of America)
C&S Wholesale Grocers, Inc., based in Keene, NH, is the largest wholesale grocery supply company in the U.S. and the industry leader in supply chain innovation. Founded in 1918 as a supplier to independent grocery stores, C&S now services customers of all sizes, supplying more than 6,000 independent supermarkets, chain stores, military bases, and institutions with over 150,000 different products. At C&S, We Select the Best® – those with the motivation, pride, and drive to succeed in our fast-paced world.