Supermicro is seeking a dedicated Warehouse Manager in our warehouses and distribution centers in San Jose. We are looking for an effective Warehouse Manager to direct receiving, warehousing and distribution operations and ensuring the processes are running smoothly and promptly. The Warehouse Manager will set employee standards and evaluate employee behavior and ensure that all warehouse procedures are followed consistently. If you have a passion for warehousing and distribution, then Supermicro wants you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Proven management ability to direct and develop team members, including performance evaluations and corrective actions.
- Excellent communication skills at a cross functional level. Position requires communications throughout the warehouse and corporate office.
- Excellent time and task management skills (i.e. ability to set priorities and meet deadlines).
- Computer literacy required (must be proficient with the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet).
- Demonstrated ability in basic mathematics, and the ability to follow and enforce the adherence to process.
- Mechanical aptitude for process improvements and routine maintenance is a plus.