Food & Beverage
Manager of Warehouse Operations is responsible for the efficient and smooth operation of the warehouse from the stackers to finished orders leaving the docks. This person is responsible for governing and setting procedure for proper warehousing, packaging, labeling and loading of items.
Bachelors’ degree or 5years packaging leadership experience
Experience / Qualifications
Supervisory background; ability to; train, communicate,
Skills / Abilities
solve problems and multi-task. Must be computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for supervising, counseling, evaluating, and providing training for direct reports.
2. Coordination of tasks to be done by shift supervisors to run warehouse operations smoothly and efficiently.
3. Supervise shift supervisors.
4. Manage warehouse inventory and rotation including planning for outside storage and pallet/slip-sheet usage.
5. Manage the WMS cycle count process (including determining frequency of physical counts and the reconciliation thereof) which replaced the annual Fiscal Year End Inventory cycle count.
6. Manage training, licensing and safety programs for warehouse operations.
7. Active involvement in continuous improvement process, making it a department priority.
8. Set and achieve efficiency goals while following SOPs.
9. Create and adhere to an expense budget for each fiscal year.
10. Create schedule for all direct reports, and oversee the warehouse use and accuracy of the time and attendance system.
11. Assure open communication of needs with all departments; Production, HR, Maintenance, Customer Service and Procurement.
12. Ensures adherence to company rules and policies including but not limited to GMP’s along with USDA, FDA, and OSHA regulations.
13. Projects as stated by VP of Operations.
14. Work with Maintenance to ensure the preventive maintenance program effectively keeps the warehouse running smoothly and efficiently.
15. Manage label and corrugated stock.
16. Through actions and effective communication, maintain an environment that promotes positive teamwork.
17. Manage QC projects as required.