$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Warehouse Operations Manager is responsible for the warehousing, inventory, and distribution functions to provide service levels that meets or exceeds customer expectations at the lowest possible costs. Supports a collaborative team environment; carries out the accountabilities via the teams and coordinators. Works closely with the entire Supply Chain Team - Logistics, Customer Service, Planning, Sales and Customers - to optimize results.
· Ensure safe environment in warehouse to all employees, contractors, and visitors.
· Responsible for ensuring warehouse personnel are trained in the safe and efficient performance of their duties.
· Responsible for ensuring the warehouse is clean and organized through the implementation of 5S.
· Follows VMVO and plant guidelines to develop others and promote a strong work environment. Works with teams to implement visual standards and audits team to ensure standards are maintained.
· Responsible to deliver continuous improvement with regard to the customer service index, with the vision of >99.9% level. This should be accomplished by utilizing CTG continuous improvement tools.
· Flexibility to adjust department operations as required to meet customer requirements and dynamic business conditions.
· Meets with key customers and carriers regularly to understand their requirements with goal of being "preferred."
· Assist in the analysis of customer complaints and develop recommendations for corrective action.
· Responsible for raw material and finished goods cycle counts. Also coordinates and manages annual physical inventory.
· Use APICS tools to manage inventory levels, warehouse layout, and material handling practices to assure on-time, damage free delivery.
· Ensures warehouse mobile and stationary equipment are regularly inspected and maintained to provide a safe environment.
· Prepares, tracks, and adheres to departmental budget.
· Owner of the Customer Service pillar at the plant and is responsible for the Warehouse cost deployment. Updates pillar board monthly and cost deployment workshop at least semi-annually. Uses the pillar to drive the continuous improvement activities of the warehouse. Develops, implements, and sustains world class warehousing processes appropriate to business needs. Investigates, justifies and proposes systems and equipment to support performance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Recommends capital and/or non-capital projects as needed for the warehouse to function properly and/or for continuous improvement of the warehouse and logistics function of the plant.
· Leader of local COFT (Customer Order Fulfillment Team)
· Member of the national COFT team.
· Others, as directed
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent training which will provide a working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures concerned with distribution activities.
· 5 to 7 years' experience in manufacturing, logistics, warehouse, shipping, and customer service related activities.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· 3 to 5 years of management/supervisor experience.
· Demonstrated proficiency in inventory management and raw material planning.
· Knowledgeable of OSHA safety regulations.
· Excellent computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite.
· Experience using continuous improvement tools.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
· SAP Experience (Strongly Preferred)
· Comfortable working in a team environment.
· APICS or CIM certification
· Lean, Continuous Improvement, WCM background
Valid Through: 2019-10-18