SUMMARY:Oversees material handling, shipping and receiving, and warehouse operations within program facilities. Responsible for the supervision and management of subordinate supervisors and/or hourly operations staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing warehousing, shipping, receiving, and handling of materials; supervise transport of materials; manage day-to-day operations of warehouse and logistics organization
- Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Identifies and implements best practices to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- Inspects and monitors physical condition of warehouse and equipment, maintaining a safe, efficient, and professionally appearing work environment
- Oversees the development of quality standards and protocols for quality assurance testing; assist in the design and implementation of policies and procedures for testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of materials and/or equipment
- Prepares work orders/requisitions and financial justifications for repair or replacement of equipment and facility
- Leads continuous improvement activities relating the warehouse and logistics facilities and operations
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functions such as production, sales, records control, and purchasing
- Supervises the disposal/recycling of items beyond economical repair (BER) IAW DoD, FAR, and local regulations
- Leads the site Safety Committee
- Develops and maintains site safety, evacuation, and emergency response plans
- Collects pertinent data concerning administrative and technical procedures for supply management
- Anticipates problems and works to proactively mitigate them
- Ensures tasks are completed within estimated time frames and budget constraints
- Provides daily supervision and direction to staff, schedules and assigns duties as appropriate
- Responsible for complying with all safety and health regulations – DoD security protocols, OSHA and all applicable local safety standards, reporting & record keeping
- Travel may be required
- All other duties as assigned
- Supervises, trains, and directs all personnel assigned to organization under his control; directs staff as necessary.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performs within the broad guidelines of duties and responsibilities with significant choice of methods.
- Authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work energy
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes prepared
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities
- Analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Education Level: Bachelor of Arts Degree (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.S.) from a four year college or university OR fifteen years of related experience and/or training OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: Eight (8) years’ experience in depot support, warehouse management/logistics management
- High proficiency level with Microsoft Office programs to analyze, prepare various reports and other documents
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities in the supervision of staff
- Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner
- Strong organizational and work management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Experience establishing new warehousing or logistics operations facilities
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving operations at Hill Air Force base