The Warehouse Manager isresponsible for planning and directing warehouse and Customer repair activities and developing/implementing operating methods and procedures designed to improve product quality, efficiency, and on-time delivery. This position requires the analysis of issues and the formulation of strategies to ensure thatdeadlines for product delivery to customers are met.
In this position you will:
- Work with other managers throughout the organization to exceed our Customers delivery expectations
- Forecast and control capital expenditures, operating expenses, staffing levels, and hours worked
- Manage all aspects of raw, WIP, and finished goods storage, including: receipt, issuance of material, picking material, cycle counts, and shipping
- Manage the receipt, repair, and return of Customer owned product
- Develop and maintain a visual management system to improve communication and identify areas of opportunity in the warehouse and Customer Service activities
- Lead and champion lean and 5’s manufacturing activities
- Direct, support and guide transitions of new product into the facility
- Support, guide and foster training initiatives (internal & external) for direct and indirect employees for skill development and career progression.
- Provide support in connection with internal/external audits and investigations.
- Stay up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures.
- Perform other duties from time to time as business needs necessitate
- Select, coach and develop the team, setting objectives that align with company strategy to inspire and motivate
- Lead, implement and promote a culture of respect, integrity and accountability
- Business Acumen.
- Data-centric Problem Solving
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- Immigration & Work Authorization.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- Change Management.
- Organizational Design/Effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or Engineering is required
- 7 - 10 years warehouse management experience in a manufacturing environment, experience in electronics manufacturing is a plus
- Certification and proven success leading Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and continuous improvement projects, is a plus
- Experience with operating/implementing a WMS is preferred
- Proven leadership and management skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to analyze operational data to help set strategy for plant operations.
- Ability to motivate others in quality, efficiency, and overall performance.