The primary purpose of the DC Operations Manager is to provide operational leadership to the DDSDistribution Center while embracing change, driving results and executing flawlessly. By partnering with the Vice President of Distribution/Warehouse Operations, this position is accountable for all functions of the Distribution Center Operations, as well as the development of the local leadership team, which will report to this position. Responsibilities include all DC Operations, including facilitating the efficient flow of goods throughout each department, promoting the highest level of service to our internal and external customers, with continuous growth toward excellence.
The Warehouse holds 35,000 items and operates on three shifts. It is one million square feet for production.
Leadership and Oversight of Distribution Operations
- Provides direction and guidance over DC Operations to ensure the accuracy, timely receipt, stocking of merchandise, timely picking and shipping of goods and acceptable level of high quality performance is achieved.
- Develops goals and metrics to achieve assigned or identified production goals.
- Responsible for the financial performance of the DC, including effective payroll management, operational expense control, damage reduction and capital expenditures.
- Monitors day to day warehouse operations for efficiency. Develops plans for improvements, recommends changes in operations and equipment to VP of DC/Warehouse Operations and implements plans when approved.
- Directs Supervisor work assignments and areas of responsibility. Monitors their progress in meeting directives and goals to ensure that warehouse operations are performed in a smooth and efficient manner.
- Directs support personnel as it relates to all projects or related work. Establishes performance requirements, clarifies responsibilities of those supervises, conducts performance appraisals and plans for individual employee improvement.
- Develop and implement best practices to build DDS’ competitive advantage.
- Proactively drives improved customer satisfaction through open communication with customers.
- Supports and drives ongoing change within the organization.
- Responsible and accountable for performance of all staff and production associates. Engages team to ensure a high level of associate involvement and continually looks for ways to develop team and self.
- Monitors established safety programs for compliance using Company requirements and OSHA regulations. Directs maintenance and monitoring of housekeeping standards to promote safe and efficient operations and directs changes and updates where necessary.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures.
Strategic Planning and Execution
- Assists the VP of DC/Warehouse Operation in the development of business goals and strategies and ensure that they are implemented to achieve the expected results.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with Corporate, suppliers, and stores in order to execute strategies.
- Continually investigates and introduces process improvement measures and presents suggestions to VP of DC/Warehouse Operations for consideration.
- Manages budgets and controls expenses effectively.
- Develops, monitors and reports on operating costs within functional areas. Makes recommendations and implements solutions to problems related to the same.
- Capitalize on employee strengths, increasing self-confidence and recognizing and rewarding accordingly.
- BS/BA in business administration, industrial engineering or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 or more years of experience managing warehouse/distribution operations in a high volume distribution setting.
- Experience with HighJump Warehouse Management Software preferred.
- Knowledge of supply chain, logistics, human resources laws and regulations and employee relations skills required.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable distribution methods and procedures, preferable in a retail supply operation.
- Passionate, high energy, hands-on leader who has the skills to lead in a high growth environment with rapid change.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and demonstrated ability to develop a safety culture.
- Organizational agility and ability to effectively delegate and hold personnel accountable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the on-schedule receiving, stocking, picking and shipping of Company products.
- Ability to build relationships, trust and credibility.
- Excellent leadership and decision making abilities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of Company personnel and outside suppliers and clients.
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency and deliver results.
- Knowledge of ERP and warehouse management software; MS Office Suite.
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to 75 pounds
- Temperature of work area may be affected by outside temperature.