We are currently seeking a Warehouse Manager in Houston/Conroe, TX for Beacon Roofing Supply responsible for overseeing and running the daily warehouse operations of a warehouse/hub. Responsible for ensuring adherence to all safety compliance items, optimizing site layout and flow, and managing daily workload to ensure 100% on-time delivery with 100% quality. Trains, manages and develops the warehouse team including but not limited to CDL drivers, delivery helpers, warehouse workers and dispatchers.
Duties and responsibilities
- Devises and implements effective procedures for daily warehouse operations consistent with Company guidelines.
- Develop and oversee warehouse KPIs
- Drive continuous improvement with layout, slotting, and operational processes.
- Works closely with management to recognize and develop or correct operational problems and or issues.
- Directs and maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing the company's policies and procedures.
- Directs all incoming and outgoing material shipments and ensures that materials in the warehouse/yard are organized and maintained in an effective manner.
- Ensures inventory levels are adequate to meet customer needs; ensures all monthly cycle counts are completed and suggests inventory changes as appropriate and ensures accurate inventory control and record keeping.
- Manages movement and transfers of materials; spot checks inventory on a regular basis.
- Organizes and maintains the warehouse, yard and store layout for maximum efficiency and safe operations.
- Works closely with the Regional Safety Manager to ensure that safe operational procedures are followed and the appropriate reporting is filed with a minimum of lag time.
- Directly responsible for the supervision, management, training and development of the warehouse team.
- Monitors employee performance, completes evaluations as required and makes appropriate recommendations for changes as required.
- Handles disciplinary actions as needed and follows all Company policies and procedures in providing adequate documentation of all such actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of service
- Experience leading a warehouse operation in a minimum of a 100K sq ft warehouse/distribution center; Warehouse startup experience preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated progressive experience in both warehousing and logistics
- Experience with leading local fleet delivery operations
- Experience leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent judgment, conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Motivational leadership skills should include the ability to energize others to excel and gain commitment to the vision and strategies of the company.
- Maintains a positive and enthusiastic environment, even in adverse situations.
- Ability to manage and lead people through change.
- Demonstrated ability to perform and adapt in a changing environment as necessary.
- Ability to maintain excellent public relations with external and internal customers.
- Must be able to work extended hours to meet store goals.
- Proficient with Personal Computer applications (Excel, AS400 Based Warehouse Management Systems, TMS, Fleet Management and Routing Tools.)
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Strong influencing and coaching skills. Proven experience in developing and coaching a team.
- Demonstrated successful experience working in a demanding, high performance work environment and team oriented culture.
- Proven ability to think and act strategically, but also willing to “roll up sleeves.”