The Warehouse Manager role will be a key member of the Drug Discovery Operations group at Adaptive. This rolw is responsible for oversight of end-to-end warehouse operations in Adaptive’s South San Francisco (SSF) facilities. The Warehouse Manager will lead day-to-day operations that include inventory management, distribution, shipping and delivery of routine consumables and customized products across multiple sites and ensuring a safe work environment. This is a key role that drives operational excellence and fulfills current and future business needs. This key leadership role will drive scale, manage site/facility expansion and increase overall SSF performance and efficiency. This role will support near-term and long-term Drug Discovery, cellular research and Innovation group needs, including supporting the management of key partnerships with Genentech and Amgen.
The Warehouse Manager plays a central role in ensuring highest operational standards are maintained while meeting the lab operations needs of all relevant internal stakeholders and reports to the Director, Drug Discovery Operations.
- Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Evaluate performance metrics to ensure quality delivery and cost-efficient work-flow processes.
- Comply with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by understanding and studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieve financial objectives by monitoring budget and scheduling expenditures
- Accurately, expediently, and safely receive inbound materials
- Stock laboratories and warehouse areas with components and supplies
- Cycle count materials, investigate variances, and initiate purchase requisitions
- Serve as the first escalation point for receiving and provide guidance to junior staff
- Continuously seek out opportunities for improvement to increase throughput, improve area aesthetics, and/or decrease rework
- Maintain departmental training requirements in the document management system and ensure that staff are appropriately qualified and trained to perform their job responsibilities
- Train and coach material handlers, supporting management in onboarding and professional development
- Ensure that all departmental work is performed in adherence with our standard operating procedures and regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR Part 58) initiating nonconformances and deviations, as necessary
- Implement 5S in the laboratory and warehouse spaces
- Using formal change control processes, propose and develop solutions to reduce errors, increase throughput, and/or improve regulatory compliance
- Initiate document change requests as necessary. Act as a functional area reviewer for SOPs and work instructions.
- Work with the Finance department to reconcile purchase orders and packing slips
- Ensure that a sufficient amount of shipping boxes and dry ice is continuously available
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of material handling experience, preferably in a highly regulated environment (GMP, GCLP, GCP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- High attention to detail
- A can-do, customer-oriented attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to collaborate across disciplines