Google's custom-designed machines make up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world, and the Global Logistics team procures and manages the resources that power our immense collection. As a part of this team, you apply your knowledge of supply chain principles and your problem solving prowess to key logistics processes (managing vendors, shipping & receiving, inventory management, warehousing & distribution, transportation, etc.). Your diligence ensures the global delivery and life cycle management of network equipment is timely and efficient. You help the networking material supply chain by understanding the unique needs of the deployment team and defining best practices across multiple cross-functional teams. The end result of your work is the delivery of Google's products and services to millions of users around the world.
The Google Logistics team relies on sound process design, system-driven workflows, continuous improvement and performance management for all aspects of its operations. As a Warehouse Management System (WMS) Super User, you will support a warehouse network within a defined region by providing WMS application support and business logic for system configuration, maintenance and continuous improvement in support of leadership’s goals and objectives. You will coordinate the application development of WMS and associated working methods in order to fulfill the business needs and user satisfaction. You will ensure WMS and associated IT equipment are available, well-configured and maintained. You will also implement system enhancements to increase efficiency, decrease operational costs, increase quality and smooth out operational processes.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Understand, configure and test the WMS system in conjunction with the functional lead(s).
- Manage, develop and execute project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area.
- Provide direct support for the warehouse users and WMS related issues and take initiatives to proactively address system issues and risks.
- Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- 3 years of experience as a WMS super user working on design and configuration.
- 3 years of experience as a warehouse operator, user or process engineer working in warehouse operations.
- Experience with issue management, such as maintaining, prioritizing and resolving project issue list.
- Experience with scope management, such as organizing customer requirements, tracking status of project deliverables and managing connections between multiple levels of scope detail.
- 2 years of experience as a RedPrairie or JDA WMS Super User.
- Experience in Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Familiarity with Google Apps (e.g., Drive, Sheets, Slides and etc).