COMPANY:As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands – Household Division Our Household Division (“Household”) is the #1 player in North American private label bleach, and supplies private label cleaning programs to prominent American retailers. Although Household started as a small bleach plant in Concord, Ontario, we have since expanded to a network of 8 plants strategically located across the United States to efficiently manufacture a variety of cleaners for both hard and soft surfaces. . In addition to its private label portfolio, Household manufactures and markets Greased Lighting® and The Works® branded products.
Well-known, established specialty consumer products manufacturer with national presence is searching for a results driven, self-starter to fill the role of WAREHOUSE/LOGISTICS MANAGER at our Salem, VA location.
Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
We are currently searching for skilled and enthusiastic individuals to fill the position of: Warehouse/Logistics Manager with experience in a Manufacturing environment. The ideal candidate will have a take-charge attitude, and a 'can do' mindset and thrives in a fast paced consumer packaging environment.
DAILY EXPECTATIONS IN THIS ROLE:
- Provides supervisory direction for the warehouse personnel and manages all aspects of personnel performance, staffing, training, and discipline within the department.
- Coordinates all inbound and outbound shipments. Selects/routes orders to optimize productivity while meeting customer or distribution center delivery requirements.
- Progressively pursues on-time shipment.
- Conducts and monitors cycle counts and manage warehouse related entries to ensure accurate inventories meet customer demands.
- Progressively pursues on time shipment.
- Establishes and maintains key customer service level measurements including loading times by customer, activity profiles by department, carrier performance issues including appointment variance.
- Maintains knowledge of and compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Implements and trains proper safety & shipping procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance of plant GMP’s, safety and all other published policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Implements effective procedures to reduce and monitor material usage for all manufacturing orders.
- Manage month-end inventory closeouts.
- Ensure month-end balances are accurate and manage cut-off timing.
- Manage scrap and obsolete material destruction.
- Require 5+ years warehouse experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving methods
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to motivate and train employees
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications, including Excel, Word and Outlook