Logistics done differently.
You have a passion for logistics, and you know how to keep things moving. At XPO Logistics, we're constantly looking for people like you to help keep our operations running smoothly. As the General Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient daily operations of the warehouse, including overseeing order fulfillment, shipping/receiving and inventory activities. As part of the XPO team, you'll have a starring role in helping us continue to provide outstanding solutions for our global customers.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Ensure compliance with specified contract metrics
- Oversee operational and personnel activities in the facility
- Maintain high standards of operational efficiency
- Ensure quality management system procedures are implemented throughout functional groups
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate staff effectively, consulting with the Human Resources team as appropriate
- Focus on productivity, quality and safety requirements in accordance with company needs and customer requirements
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of managerial/supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with computerized scanner equipment
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including planned and unplanned overtime, which may include weekends
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Experience in supply chain management in a distribution environment
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Process Improvement knowledge and experience
- Experience in an AS9100 or ISO environment
- Strong problem-solving techniques and statistical analysis skills
- Ability to monitor and enforce safety measures and policies for all internal team members and external vendors; able to provide coaching for supervisors to ensure a safe work environment
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Working knowledge of financial accounting and human resources practices