Director of Warehouse Operations
The Director of Warehouse Operations is a key leadership position within this company's distribution, reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations. This position requires an experienced operations background in warehouse management and control systems. The position drives results in a fast paced/high warehouse and distribution environment, leveraging his/her strong interpersonal and leadership skills. The Director of Warehouse Operations directs the day to day aspects of operations, ensuring the smooth flow of goods from the warehouse to the company's retail customers and oversees safety, employee training, Independent Route Owners’ s management, auditing, inventory and compliance with internal and external requirements
This is a hands-on operations position, responsible for directing the activities associated with inbound and outbound warehouse operations. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, directing activities related to product receiving and replenishment, order selection and loading, expense and revenue management, ensuring abidance of government regulations, providing management and direction to warehouse staff and ensuring safety and security of the inbound and outbound warehouse operations.
· Manages the workload and daily activities of direct reports and the cost-effective operation of all project tasks.
· Responsible for driving operational efficiency improvements, cost reduction efforts, and streamlining initiatives throughout the business's operational procedures.
· Responsible for helping the business deliver results in customer fulfillment, quality, cost, and inventory management.
· Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within inbound and outbound warehouse operations. Identifies problems, proposes solutions to other members of management and promotes cooperation with other departments.
· Responsible for overseeing and managing distribution and delivery activities
· Document and share 'best practice' methods, processes and ideas to drive continuous improvements in all aspects of the warehouse operations.
· Develops and implement operational policies and procedures in collaboration with other key stakeholders.
· Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of warehouse and distribution operations.
· Ensures operational excellence in third-party warehouse and inventory is received. appropriately and efficiently and properly processed.
· Liaison for Warehousing/Logistics related Audits, Inventory Control, & Food Safety
· Establishes quality control standards with external vendors.
· Coordinates efforts with Safety Team to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-datingpreferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
· Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
· Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
· Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
· Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, FDA, etc.)
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· BilingualSpanish a Must
· Spanish a 10 + years of direct management level experience within a food and beverage industry or distribution environment
· Must have knowledge of fifo, and warehouse management systems
· Must have knowledge of monthly inventories control
· Functional system understanding in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Ability to work non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights possible weekends.
· Self-starter with excellent communication skills
· Drive, train, and motivate teams’ daily
· Demonstrate and exhibit high levels of professionalism
· Demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving skills
· Perform job duties in an accurate, proficient and timely manner
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multitask
· CDL class B a plus
Job Type: Full-time
· Maspeth, NY
· Operations Management: 10 years
· Spanish and English