The Vulnerability Management Engineer is a hands-on technical role which plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cyber security posture for Rivian
- Establish & run a vulnerability management program.
- Build relationships and operationalize technologies and processes
- 5+ years of cyber security experience.
- Experience establishing a vulnerability management program
- Tasked with performing comprehensive vulnerability assessments and continuous monitoring across the organization.
- Knowledge of managing the entire lifecycle of vulnerabilities from discovery, triage, advising, remediation, and validation.
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders to perform vulnerability assessments on systems or applications before going live rollouts.
- Triaging vendor patch releases as well as security bulletins and make recommendations on required remediations.
- Examine systems and applications to assess the current security posture.
- Manage vulnerability related tickets to ensure issues are remediated within proper timelines.
- Establishing SLAs for remediation and experience of creating useful metrics that will help various stakeholders (remediation owners and executives)
- Penetration testing expertise is preferred.
- Experience working at an AWS centric environment.
- Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cyber security controls
- Advise project teams on security requirements for new projects
- Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
- Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
- Lead cross-functional team efforts
- Self-Starter and Driven to Win
- Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
- Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
- Loves what s\he does