General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives
- Interference with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors and team members
- Work with a launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
- Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer. Reviews completed team products for completeness and acceptance.
- Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
- Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Enginereing Review Bourds and design reviews
- Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
- Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
- Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
- Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
- Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
- Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
- Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and ten to fifteen years of related experience.
• Bachelors Degree in science, engineering & 10-15 years of experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, product ability, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
• Experience with Rocket propulsion systems and subsystems (engines, tanks, pumps, etc.) manufacturing and test.
• A strong background in launch or satellite systems manufacturing is highly desired.
• Master's Degree desirable