This is a senior position on a Na Ali'i IT and Communications services program open to experienced individuals. The ideal candidate will provide operational knowledge and support of Department of Defense (DoD) networks and systems, and will plan, analyze, design, develop, test, configure, install, implement, integrate, and maintain network systems used for transmitting voice, data, and/or video, while implementing DoD security procedures and tools.
Education & Experience
- Must have at least 5 years of experience managing, maintaining, and operating Video Teleconferencing systems and networks.
- Must have experience managing Cisco-based networkarchitectures in a DoD environment.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience with Electronic Key Management Program (EKMS) and cryptologic equipment including KIV-7M and SG-250 families.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must meet IAT II minimum qualifications (One required: CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security + CE, or SSCP).
- Must be a Certified Technology Specialist (CTS).
- Must have current Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) certification.
- Must have an Interim or Final Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility..
- Design, deploy, manage and sustain VTC systems by ensuring conference room and desktop-based systems are operational and ready for use per mission requirement.
- Ensure expedited VTC services are provided during restricted meetings.
- Provide first-line troubleshooting and maintenance for all hardware and software configurations of AV and VTC systems, AV infrastructures and components, and AV Control Systems (i.e. AMX, Crestron, Extron, etc.).
- Provide recommendations for new VTC systems hardware and software and recommend improvements to existing VTC systems.
- Configure and deploy networkrouters, switches, firewalls, VTC-specialized equipment, and all related network devices on the operational networks with no downtime.
- In the case of AV or VTC failure, identify the potential cause, identify courses of action for mitigation or remediation, and assist in remedying the situation.
- Develop a recommended lifecycle refresh plan of all AV and VTC equipment.
- Maintain, install, update, to include patching, and operating system for all VTC systems.
- Monitor Ticketing System for all assigned AV and VTC "fix it" requests.
- Ensure AV and VTC systems meet Information Assurance and Security Office, Federal, DoD, DFARS, local, and industry policies/standards for security and safety compliance.
- Practice the appropriate DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) validation and account for vulnerabilities on VTC systems.
- Analyze processes, assigned systems and applications and make recommendations for improvements and automation.
- Design, plan and manage Continuity of Operations (COOP) Services supporting VTCs at the primary and backup locations.