We are seeking a VTC Engineer who is results-oriented, self-motivated, subject-matter-expert who will provide technical knowledge and analysis of highly specialized applications, operational environment, high-level functional systems analysis, design, integration. Responsible in providing documentation and implementation advice on moderately complex problems that require an appropriate level of knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation; securing and maintaining telepresence systems in both unclassified and classified networks.
This individual will apply principles, methods and knowledge of the functional area of capability to specific task order requirements, advanced mathematical principles and methods to exceptionally difficult and narrowly defined technical problems in engineering and other scientific applications to arrive at automated solutions.
This position requires hands-on technical experience with a variety of telepresence endpoints and other video conferencing (VTC) equipment, to include hardware from Cisco, Polycom, Crestron, and AMX.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A proven track record of effective communication with high level executive customers
- The ability to work with minimal direction to manage all aspects of collaboration services
- Ability to troubleshoot technical solutions on the fly in tense situations
- Experience with other collaboration platforms and how they interact with video teleconference (VTC) configuration,, such as Microsoft Teams, WebEx and Zoom
- Hands-on technical experience installing, administering and upgrading Crestron automation components that control Cisco and/or Polycom VTC endpoints, and associated equipment in conference rooms (e.g. screens, touch panels, video inputs, etc.).
- Setup, test, operate, and tear down audio/visual and VTC equipment; (e.g. VTC carts, microphones, audio mixers, video switches, speakers, laptop computers for presentation, etc.)
- Provide technical consultation and act as lead contact for all videoconferencing operations and maintenance
- Execute all aspects of videoconferencing including call setup, end-user training, troubleshooting, and follow through on escalation of trouble incidents occurring during calls.
- Provide tier-3 support for all video conferencing infrastructure and endpoints (TMS, TCS, MCUs, VCS, and SX / MX / EX / C-series codecs)
- Provide technical and Operational support for both Classified and Unclassified VTC architecture
- Provide project management for the installation of new VTC equipment
- Perform engineering analysis of requirements for VTC support and provide recommendations of preferred solutions that optimize engineering, management, and cost parameters
- Create and modify user documentation and standard operation procedures (SOPs) as required
- Solid understanding of network infrastructure running SIP, H.323, RTP, H.264, and related protocols associated with video conferencing
- This position reports to the enterprise network architect and will be called upon to work as part of a team leading the enterprise forward with the integration of the latest collaboration technologies, interconnecting Cisco Video & VoIP systems with third-party systems.
- Familiarity with trends inside the video conferencing industry
- Expert level technical knowledge of Cisco telepresence products
- Recent experience troubleshooting video problems in an enterprise or service provider environment under short time constraints involving complex networks spanning multiple firewalls and different geographic locations is a big plus. The customer environment includes 10,000+ users in the Washington, D.C. metro area, plus thousands of additional users distributed nationwide at field sites.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years professional experience implementing, troubleshooting, and documenting converged networks interconnecting Cisco, Tandberg and/or Polycom VTC endpoints, gateways, and conferencing bridge products.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BA/BS (or equivalent experience), 5+ years of experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.