Since 2001, Legend has been utilizing some of the most talented artists and market leading technology. What began as an innovative Stereoscopic 3D Conversion and Visual Effects company, has grown into a pillar for cutting edge technology. Now with 150 employees in Southern California and 350 in Toronto, Legend offers full-scale VR and VFX creative, production, and post-production services – from concept to final color for major brands, studios, and agencies.
The Pipeline TD works to help maintain an effective and efficient pipeline for our current productions. The ideal candidate must have great asset management skills and the technical abilities to help supervise the development and integration of creative tools into an overall production pipeline.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Writes and maintains tools for use on high end visual effects films and virtual reality projects.
- Works closely with the CG Supervisors, Department Leads and Pipeline Architect to ensure that the needs of the VR/VFX department are understood.
- Ensures software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Troubleshoots and optimizes pipeline tools for high efficiency and end-user experience
- Thorough documentation of all development and updating as necessary.
- Researches to recommend improvements to workflows in order to improve productivity or communication.
Skills & Requirements:
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working with visual effects post-production pipelines.
- Production experience in computer animation, visual effects, or game industry.
- Experience with tool integration into existing or new pipelines.
- Experience with Nuke, Maya, Houdini or other 3rd Party Animation systems.
- Proficiency in Python, as well as a general understanding of software development principles and practices required.
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine a plus.
- Excellent Communication skills in dealing with both technical and artistic groups.
- A good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting through to compositing.
- A general understanding of networking and performance issues that arise with automated tools.
- Must be able to remain seated in a stationary position for the majority of a shift (up to 90%).
- Must be able to use hands/fingers to operate a computer and other office machinery
- Will be working in a low-lit environment and may be subject to eye strain.
While we thank applicants for their interest in working with Legend's team, those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
*Legend 3D is an equal opportunity employer.