EQRx believes responsibility can be revolutionary. Want to make a difference while advancing your career? Come join a team that is working towards our bold mission of developing innovative medicines at radically low prices to help people get the medicines they need.
What You'll Do
Reporting to EQRx’s Chief Communications Officer and SVP, Corporate Affairs and Citizenship, and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, you will play a key role in building and executing a comprehensive DC stakeholder plan. Specifically, you will develop and advance policies that enable improved patient access to medicines. You will leverage your DC experience to pursue opportunities to engage third-party stakeholders and policy decision-makers to advance EQRx thought leadership and achieve US policy objectives. You will identify opportunities for EQRx to lead national dialogues on drug pricing and access. You will leverage your health policy and reimbursement knowledge to lead analysis of existing healthcare policies, proposed reforms and key trends and interpret and propose strategies to mitigate risk. You will engage in advocacy initiatives with industry members, trade associations, lobbyists, and other companies. In addition to leading our federal efforts, you will help grow and lead our state-based government relations initiatives and contribute to our international policy efforts.
The Impact You Will Have
- You will be a champion driving the legislative agenda that enables equal access to branded medicines at radically lower prices. You understand the complexities of patient access to innovative medicines and you’re undaunted. In fact, you know there is a better way. This position is highly visible and of significant impact to the company. We are on a critical mission to bring quality solutions to patients at a fraction of the price. This role will help us drive forward towards that pinnacle goal of truly putting patients first.
- You “Get it Done”
- You have a Bachelor’s degree; as well as a JD or other advanced degree (i.e. MBA, Ph.D.)
- You bring 10+ years of industry experience in Federal government/regulatory affairs and you have prior experience working in a legislative policy position for a trade association, think tank or appropriate Federal agency
- You are a strategic and political thinker
- You have an advanced understanding of health care, public policy and government affairs and detailed knowledge of applicable health care legislation
- You know your way around federal and state health care insurance programs including Medicare, Medicaid, and you have a perspective on delivery reform. You have a solid understanding of issues related to reimbursement, CMS and the health insurance marketplace.
- You excel at communications. You have an aptitude for presentation delivery and conveying ideas. You have superior active listening, observation, analytical, and problem recognition and solving skills.
- You crave a fast paced environment.
- You play well in the sandbox. You understand relationships are key and have strong interpersonal skills.
- You are a leader. Teams love working with you and you are someone who takes pride in mentoring and supporting the careers of others.