The Commercial Insurance Underwriting Manager isresponsible for directing the day to day operation of the underwriting team and managing the overall Commercial Insurance $70m book of business for the Tulsa Branch. This includes underwriting guidance/expertise, staff development, performance management, marketing and agency relationships, and expense management.
- Lead the Group and Individual Underwriting departments, evaluate and make risk approve/deny decisions.
- Lead the New Business and Policy Issue functions
- Coordinate day to day activities to achieve goals and insure service levels are maintained
- Insure quality, productivity and turnaround metrics are met
- Improve efficiencies in process flow and automation
- Insure effective collaboration and coordination with the internal business partners, customers and vendors for areas managed
- Project Management as assigned
- Budget/Expense Management
- Key liaison for onboarding new business with saleschannels and the end clients.
- Responsible for addressing career and training needs on an individual and operational basis. Assesses staff members’ critical strengths and development areas and uses this information to support operations.
- Client, Quality and Service Focus
- Advanced marketing and sales skills
- In-depth knowledge of underwriting products and concepts, as evidence by 5-7 years’ experience in the insurance arena or related field. Management experiencepreferred.
- Proven ability to manage and lead underwriting and administrative staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence others.
- Strong understanding of field distribution plant (broker, regional, independent agents)
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships.
- Ability to manage projects.
- Ability to manage conflict/resolution and problem solving.
- Ability to align people and resources with strategic priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on attention to technical detail
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to manage multiple functions
- Performance management/staff development skills including coaching, conducting mid-year and annual reviews, influencing staff, and conflict management
Chubb Tulsa - S. Yale Tulsa 74136-4222Underwriting
- Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Sep 14, 2017, 6:41:48 PM