VP Underwriter ABL
8 - 10 years experience •
Responsible for underwriting and pricing asset based lending transactions for the Bank, both strategically and tactically. Responsibilities include structuring the transaction, credit review, loan committee preparation and presentation for approval, risk management, funding, operations and loan documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
These are the most significant job duties performed. The size, scope and complexity of assigned duties and responsibilities are dependent on the level and experience of the incumbent. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each assigned essential duty satisfactorily. Other responsibilities or special projects not specifically mentioned may also be assigned.
- Performs loan structuring and advising loan committee. Prepares presentation materials of credit for approval. Documents and closes, hands off to Bank credit. Sets up loan operations and cash management.
- Effectively translates business needs into solutions through effective communication.
- Ensures processes, systems, and procedures effectively meet servicing requirements for loans and cash management, while adhering to Bank policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provides guidance on and effectively works with the collateral management, field examiners, loan processing operations and others to identify solutions to business issues and recommends alternatives for on-going processes.
- Manages third party relationships with attorneys, appraisers, consultants and investment bankers.
- Understands and complies with all Bank policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations pertinent to this position; stays informed and shares updates on changes with management. Required to successfully complete all required Compliance training.
- Continuously supports the Bank’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but may lead the work of others.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's degree and 7 plus years’ related experience which preferably includes 5+ years working with structured pricing and closing transactions within a financial institution or banking environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.