The VP of Total Rewards defines, develops and implements strategic compensation and benefits initiatives to coincide with the Express vision, culture and strategic plans, and also leads the HRIS team. This hands-on role leads a team that provides expertise and communication in all areas relating to compensation, benefits, and wellness programs and systems. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources, the VP of Total Rewards will provide leadership and expertise in all areas of compensation and benefits including executive compensation and legal compliance. Most importantly, the VP of Total Rewards will lead the design and implementation of all benefits and compensation practices and implement the Total Rewards programs for the Express business.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analysis and communication skills, as well as effective management skills. The successful candidate will capably partner and consult with senior management and the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors on the total rewards strategy; research and evaluate new compensation and benefits trends; ensure compliance with applicable law, government regulations and internal controls; and engage resources and market expertise on projects, business plan objectives, and corporate initiatives.
- Craft a total rewards strategy to drive the performance of the business, considering competitive positioning and ROI. Align rewards strategy to the needs of our Associates and the culture of the organization.
- Assess and refine executive short & long-term incentive plans to properly balance individual performance achievement and ownership with both corporate business goals and the governance interests of the Executive Comp Committee and shareholder.
- Strike the right balance between incenting peak performance across the company and aligning total compensation strategy to the corporation’s business goals and governance interests.
- Analyze and assess market data, incorporating industry trends and best practices into compensation/benefits total rewards strategy.
- Build a relevant employee benefits strategy for the company. Bring thought leadership to defining the employee benefits proposition for the future, addressing what Express should provide associates considering competitive standards, costs, and liability and associate interests.
- Strategize new and better channels for communicating and marketing Total Rewards and wellness initiatives and programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource or business required; advanced degreepreferred
- Minimum 15years human resources management experience
- Minimum 10 years compensation and benefits leadership experience
- High proficiency and knowledge set in Executive Compensation. Depth of experienceworking withcompensation consultants in developing and presenting materials to the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Proven track record in designing and implementing total rewards strategy in best-practices organizations.
- Ability to analyze business needs and craft practices to support them
- Significant experience in a multi-unit and geographically dispersed environment
- Proven ability to lead and manage people in a diverse and changing work environment
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work with all levels
- High degree of business acumen
- Strong team orientation and collaborative style…position requires an inclusive approach to engaging stakeholders across the corporation in ways that lead to good business decisions.
- Pragmatic, quick thinking and action oriented.
- Poised & confident… capable of influencing consensus in a results driven culture.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills with an affinity for engaging people and building relationships.
- Embraces change…highly adaptable to changing business conditions and priorities.
- Technologically savvy
- Provides a customer service mindset