We are transforming the way we do business. We need a creative, vibrant, and dynamic Vice President, Total Rewards and Operations, to join us. We're looking for someone who can easily craft, implement, maintain and administer our compensation and benefits programs as well as leading HR operations. If you're well-versed in how to design and deliver compensation and benefits across the U.S., Canada, Europe and all across Asia - we want to hear from you. You will need to have experience building and leading a shared-services team that becomes a true Center of Excellence for all our brands. While you'll report directly into our SVP and Chief Human Resources Officer, you'll work collaboratively to build a strategic vision for our Total Rewards, HRShared Services, HRIS, and Compliance programs that align with our strategic goals and business direction.
- Your leadership will inspire, attract and retain incredible talent. Through your mentorship, effective coaching, and performance management your expertise will ultimately enrich our high-performance culture.
- Often, you'll coordinate with senior leadership and counterparts in human resources so that compensation and benefits programs support Columbia Sportswear Co.’s recruiting and workforce planning efforts, particularly with regards to the attraction of top talent and the retention of our high potential employees.
- You'll develop performance measurements to tie incentive pay to achievement of our corporation’s strategic initiatives and goals.
- You can easily provide mentorship and advice to our hiring managers and leaders on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation and the design of creative solutions to compensation challenges.
- You'll conduct compensation analysis and prepare reports for Corporate, Retail and Distribution Center management, the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and otherinternal leaders and departments (Finance, Legal, Tax); will work with outside consultants as needed.
- You will establish control-related standards and procedures to maintain compliance with all governmental regulations and keeping current with federal, state, and local compensation regulations (EEO, Fair Labor Standards, Wage & Hour, FMLA) to ensure adequate financialreporting and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and all other regulations.
- In partnership with our Organization Change Management and HR teams, you'll build comprehensive change management strategies to transform our current benefits program into a global rewards Center of Excellence.
- Periodically you'll be reviewing our U.S. and international rewards and benefits to ensure that our programs reward the right performance and behaviors worldwide.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or equivalent work experience; MBA or other advance degree is highly desired.
- 15 + years of forward-thinking compensation and benefits experience with a publicly traded company.
- Solid knowledge of current market practices and trends in employee pay and executive compensation programs. This will entail understanding market pricing and benchmarking, setting pay structures and programs, linking incentive and bonus targets to appropriate business and behavioral objectives, expensing and disclosure of equity-based compensation and the taxation of deferred compensation.
- Experience with planning, managing, and communicating large-scale compensation programs globally.
- Extensive executive compensation knowledge with an excellent understanding of benchmarking, tax, accounting and legal issues affecting global compensation arrangements.
- Visionary leader who supports, mentors, and inspires teams; developing a positive work environment that attracts the best talent to our Columbia Sportswear Co. Human Resources Team.
- High level of advising and coaching skills, including the ability to draw on the ideas of others and convert those ideas into meaningful strategies and plans.
- Experience building rapport based on trust and respect; promotes the inclusion of diverse knowledge, skills, and experiences.
- Strategic leader with vision who has successfully managedcompensation, benefits and operations teams in high performance organizations
- Success stories from leading matrixed environments or complex organizational structures.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.