Voya is seeking a strategic, innovative, solution oriented leader to partner with the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) to enable best-in-class project delivery and planning services through next-generation, industry leading tools, best practices, reporting capabilities, adherence parameters (governance), and continuous improvements.
This role will be a member of the EPMO senior leadership team and will report directly to the Head of the EPMO. The role will serve as a senior leader accountable for developing a progressive strategy, roadmap, and team to provide the critical foundation of state-of-the-art solutions to the EPMO to enable best-in-class service offerings. The role will provide innovative, strategic leadership to the team to implement and operationalize next-generation, industry leading tools, reporting, governance, and continuous improvements to achieve best-in-class EPMO service offerings for project and program delivery, portfolio management, enterprise planning, and resource capacity management. This role must have the ability to work independently, think critically, challenge status quo, lead and influence diverse teams, and facilitate and partner between numerous organizations across Voya, as well as vendors, and suppliers.
- Create and cultivate a culture of partnership between EPMO, EPMO customers, suppliers, and vendors to ensure EPMO tools, reporting, and governance capabilities are offered in a way that meets business needs in the most cost effective manner while seeking opportunities to improve productivity, drive efficiencies, advance project planning, and improve project delivery quality
- Supply next generation, industry leading, reliable and efficient planning and delivery tools, processes, and reporting capabilities to enable simple, consistent, objective, data-driven delivery performance dialogues across all delivery models
- Provide day-to-day management and oversight of Tools, Reporting, and Governance team to implement and operationalize next-generation, industry leading, innovative tools, best practices, reporting capabilities, adherence parameters (governance), and continuous improvements to achieve best-in-class EPMO service offerings for project and program delivery, portfolio management, enterprise planning, and resource capacity management
- Define and implement portfolio and project performance metrics (KPIs) utilizing metrics to provide a data centric view of EPMO and portfolio performance and to direct ongoing improvement efforts that will impact business outcomes
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven track record as a results oriented, innovative leader that collaborates across the enterprise, manages outcomes, builds effective relationships, and successfully drives large complex change
- 15+ years of management experience including 10+ years implementing enterprise transformational initiatives of varying scope and complexity that deliver strategic capabilities in an enterprise environment using various delivery methodologies, tools, and governance models and reporting
- Extensive experience in establishing and delivering strategies to improve execution results, reduce costs, improve project delivery performance and drive continuous improvement
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to effectively influence, negotiate, engage and hold others accountable at all levels of a large, complex organization
- Demonstrated success of building partnerships and alliances across the enterprise and at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing requirements and interests, keeping team focused on top priorities, and finding ways to achieve win-win outcomes by encouraging new ways at looking at problems, processes and solutions
- Proven ability to take complex problems, provide simplified solutions and engage an organization to operationalize the changes; superb problem solving and critical thinking skills with thorough attention to detail
- Demonstrated decisive decision making orientation; ability to make timely, well-reasoned decisions that balance the needs of all constituents
- Demonstrated ability of influence and execute organizational and mindset changes
- Proven ability to create open environments conducive to freely share information and ideas
- Results driven leader with a proven ability to work collaboratively and effectively across organizations and cross functional teams
- Innovative leader with the ability to question status quo, influence change and provide forward thinking
- Critical thinker with proven track record of effectively leading execution and value through highly matrixed teams
- Comfortable under pressure with the ability to manage to tight deadlines while maintaining quality and managing to an acceptable level of risk
- Hands-on and results-oriented leader
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling fact-based stories/recommendations in written and presentation form
- Strong presentation, organization and planning skills
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to tailor presentations and materials to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience working in a complex business environment
- Strong understanding of financial services and insurance business and technologies
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree, or related field or equivalent work experience
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.