We're looking for a VP, Technology to join our rapidly growing Innovation team.
The VP Candidate will have a deep understanding of our tech stack, thecompetitive AdTech/MarTech landscape, and our product capabilities. They willoversee the Data Science, Software Engineering, and Engineering Enablement teams in order to guide the alignment of their team output to the overall techstrategy and, ultimately, the overall Business Strategy.
- Aligning the long term Technology Strategy with the overarching BusinessStrategy and ensuring the Data Science, Software Engineering, EngineeringEnablement (DS, SE, EE) teams deliver upon that strategy
- Developing individual partnerships with direct reports in order tounderstand the relationship of each discipline to the overall techstrategy
- Driving the 12+ month vision and design of the technical organization, while supporting leadership in their execution of 3-12 month initiatives
- Supporting DS, SE, EE leadership in management and development ofour technical culture
- Armed with the organizational budget, goals and constraints, supporting DS, SE, EE leadership in the resource planning and team structuring.
- Building an environment of trust among the collective direct reportsand self with a focus on executing upon strategy in the most efficient way
- Building an environment of ownership and accountability amongst direct reports
- Representing the team's viewpoint to other leaders in the organization including VP's, CEO and CFO
- Providing transparency to direct reports around business strategyincluding unforeseen challenges and changes to the strategy in order to realign tech strategy toward delivery
- Partnering with technical leadership to build and deliver a Technologyroadmap, focusing on performance & reliability, technologymodernization, paying down accrued technical debt, and security / riskmitigation
- Partnering with VP, Product to build, maintain and deliver an InnovationRoadmap that reflects the combined Tech and Product roadmaps that meet organizational business goals, scaling needs and future productpositioning.
- Partnering with the VP, Product to collect data on engagement, revenue and efficiency deltas based on delivered work over time in order toprove ongoing value of deliverables and validate the business impact ofthe technology strategy
- Maintaining overall accountability for timely and quality technicaldeliveries
- Ensuring the technology strategy is executed upon in alignment with budget
- Partnering closely with CFO on tech budget in alignment with overall Sidecar budget
- Making strategic and data driven decisions around overhead costs inorder to aid technical leadership to execute upon strategy (including staffing, tooling, equipment, environment, comp/reward)
- Accountable for setting technical team success metrics, tracking andimplementing measures to meet goals, eg.
- Accountable for the success of recruiting and retention efforts
- Serve as the voice/face of our technology team to the organization, theexecutive team, our board and customers/partners as needed
- Being able to speak to our technology with a level of comfort andfamiliarity that instills confidence in audience despite level
- Staying current on industry trends and happenings in order to influence long term business outcome
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Building relationships with VP's in revenue to ensure tech strategy is aligned with marketing, sales and customer strategy. Lend support tothose teams when necessary (including but not limited to supporting marketing efforts through content/thought leadership, supporting salesefforts, and customer strategy initiatives)
- Recent and likely repeated success leading a high growth technologyorganization
- Experience influencing overall business strategy while focusing on therealities of product delivery
- Experience with AI/Machine Learning or within organizations that havedeployed AI/ML ; must have been core to a commercially delivered product(not as a tool used internally); must have worked with a data science team
- Experience building B2B software
- Familiar with distributed, service-oriented, cloud enabled architectures; data/ETL pipelines; containers and container orchestration.
- Demonstrated strength running a technology organization with strong aptitude around data, metrics, analytics, and business intelligence
- Proven experience innovating: bringing new products to market, influencing technology roadmaps for existing product entry into new markets, anddifferentiating products in a competitive market
- Ability to listen, consider, and assimilate input from a wide range ofconstituents; solid influencing skills; capable of building consensus using thevoice of our customers; a thought leader
- An Engaging leader who is able to drive outcomes while understanding theappropriate level of involvement in the details
- A Humble and collaborative, has strong opinions but weakly held (willing toconsider opposing views)
- A visible, self-aware and energetic leader with the proven ability to install a sense of shared vision