The Vice President, Technical Operations and Support provides oversight to client engagement engineers, project management andevent services teams, system andnetwork engineers, and24/7 client support team. This position provides guidance and support for a highly technical pool of resources and requires knowledge unique to the broadcast and streaming media, data center environment, including server andnetwork virtualization, physicalinfrastructure,network andsecurity operations activities, data storage, data privacy, and disaster recovery. The ideal candidate for this role is a hands-on technically adept person withexperience architecting and implementing and supporting highly reliable and scalable solutions. Technical Operations and Support is a team of technologists passionate about customer service and excellence. On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate. You will learn. You will not be alone. You’ll have an opportunity to implement and support some of the latest OTT and DTC media technologies and services by servicing top media & entertainment, sports, and videodistribution (MVPD) brands. In addition, you’ll be able to manage a strong team of technologists & engineers that deeply care for our business, our customers, and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you will have a unique opportunity to be part of some major initiatives to revamp & transform our Technical Operations and Support team into a world-class, customer service-focused organization. We willwant you to partner with the business (bus dev/sales +finance) andfellow technologists (product + engineering) to make sure we are delivering best-of-class solutions that make a real impact on our customers’ businesses, including helping them transform their businesses. You should be able to work autonomously to manage your team and projects, while delivering on-time and on-budget. Requirements
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and build consensus on resolving challenges
- Strong customer experience/service/delivery and business acumen
- Proactive, hands-on, and self-motivated, committed to achieving deadlines, meeting and producing results
- Proven ability to produce quality deliverables within aggressive timelines and manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to provide technical leadership in driving architecture, technical trade-offs, and driving best design practices
- A deep understanding of network scalability, reliability, redundancy, video viewer QoS
- Experience evaluating and refining operations procedures, including process documentation, system operating and training materials
- Experience leading a technical operations team providing exceptional customer support and repeatable customer implementation and operation
- Understand the underlying principles, processes, enabling tools and technologies for systems management, network management, and security management
- Develops and maintains strategic partnerships with key vendors and contractors to ensure effective implementation of business strategies as well as to identify expedient and comprehensive solutions to customer-impacting issues
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication and relationship building skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent plus a minimum of 10years industry experience.
iStreamPlanet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: iStreamPlanet is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at iStreamPlanet are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. IStreamPlanet will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. iStreamPlanet encourages applicants of all ages.