Role x You
The incoming Vice President, Talent Management will oversee the HR functions primarily responsible for ensuring that the candidate and employee experience at VICE Media Group is one that continuously supports our employees’ development, sense of belonging and careers throughout the various phases of their time with VICE from interviewing, to onboarding and career advancement/development. The VP, Talent Management will have ownership for all aspects of talent acquisition and learning & development, ensuring that our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is embedded in our practices, policies, development programs and talent strategy. The individual in this role will lead a global team that will equip our people and managers with tools and frameworks they need to be successful in a purposeful, inclusive and performance-driven culture. This role will further oversee our Community Groups, VICE’s Employee Resource Groups and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council. This role reports directly to VICE Media Group’s Chief People Officer. This role is a unique combination of strategic, transformational, operational, and tactical leadership.
- Lead and manage a team responsible for designing progressive talent management infrastructure, processes and frameworks from the first touch point of an employees’ experience to the last point of the employees experience.
- Lead the talent acquisition and learning & development teams and develop programs that understand drivers of talent and career development. Design solutions focused on employee engagement, inclusion and retention.
- Working closely with CPO, take lead on DEI related initiatives that impact the employee experience and Citizenship/Impact initiatives. This includes overseeing Community Groups and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Council. This role also oversees all related KPIs and reporting.
- Provide thought leadership on topics of talent selection, assessment, onboarding and development including calibration, training, compliance and efficiencies.
- Champion and create buy-in for testing and implementing new talent acquisition and talent management technologies and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required (or equivalent work experience).
- A minimum of 15 years of broad HR experience, to include Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and/or Management, DEI, CSR, Leadership Development and Management Training, Performance Management, and designing/implementing/managing multiple complex projects globally.
- Excellent consultative and communication skills and proven ability to influence and articulate point of view and data in a clear and compelling manner.
- Proven ability to establish strategy and to translate it into an effective, long-term action plan.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to drive large-scale cultural change efforts globally, while partnering with key stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
- Maintains a global perspective; keen awareness of cultural distinctions and the implications on the public perception of VICE’s brand.
- Goal-oriented and comfortable with ambiguity, and able to prioritize in a dynamic environment.a
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.