At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible and invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals and professional development, and fosters community. Our team's evolution, values and culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. In this role, you'll work with the leadership team to continue defining and executing what constitutes a transformative employee experience at Convene.
As Convene's Talent & Internal Brand Experience leader, you'll architect and build on the systems that will keep us agile and collaborative as we scale. You'll apply a forward-thinking approach to make people strategy and experience a competitive differentiator: to attract and retain the brightest and most thoughtful team.
What you'll do
- Evaluate and develop innovative talent strategies that support address business growth and operational goals.
- Act as an internal consultant to senior leadership to proactively understand human capital needs and influence outcomes.
- Oversee and drive consistent talent acquisition strategy with Convene recruiting team.
- Innovatively source, recruit and hire the best and brightest talent aligned with Convene’s values and deliver transformative experience to all business partners.
- Oversee and drive employee experience initiatives; onboarding, ongoing development’ and alumni engagement
- Source and negotiate talent management tools and resources; supporting leading technology and experiences for internal and external candidates.
- Be the driver of Convene’s employer brand and reputation ensuring alignment of internal and external messaging and driving strategic efforts around social media and college relations .
- Oversee internal HR talent programs and maximize relationships with external recruiting partners
- Use people-related data to drive decision making and develop key metrics to measure the quality of the employee experience, engagement, retention and recruitment effectiveness.
- Champion Convene's values by continuing to build them into the recruiting process and tools.
- Manage and build a Recruitment team as we grow, continually building a robust pipeline of internal and external talent.
- Be a leader in your field of expertise, create and drive amazing programs that establish Convene as THE leader in Talent & People Brand Experiences.
What we look for
- Self-directed, seasoned Talent Acquisition leader with experience and/or passion for rapidly scaling businesses.
- Demonstrated results sourcing, recruiting and on-boarding best in class talent at all levels of the organization, someone that people are inspired to working with
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and navigate across organizational boundaries and build strong partnerships that produce results
- Coach Centric leadership and communication
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Applicant Tracking systems, Talent Development Technologies, HRIS systems and BI related components
- Organizational design acumen
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge of legal HR compliance matters
- Progressive and innovative attitude toward people programming and HR guidelines
- Orientation toward high-level company goals and long-term success
- Alignment with Convene's values
At Convene, we’re changing the way the world works by transforming the way businesses work. By partnering with the largest landlords in commercial real estate, we design and service the next generation office building – one that feels more like a full-service, lifestyle hotel. Our integrated “workplace-as-a-service” platform gives building tenants and enterprise clients access to a growing network of premium meeting and event spaces, flexible workspaces, hospitality services, and curated experiences for users, all connected by Convene’s proprietary technology platform.
- Founded in 2009
- Locations in New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C.; Opening in LA in 2018 and plans to expand globally.
- Launched Convene Workplace in 2017
- Ranked #11 Workplace in New York in 2017 by Fortune Magazine
- Ranked #30 in 2017 LinkedIn Annual List of Industry Disruptors
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we’re building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy integration between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growth—Have a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to have 65 hours of learning per year.
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families
- Supportive work environment and a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
- Snacks and in-office lunches
Convene is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.