Ongoing knowledge of current and changing business and technological environments/trends is important to success, as is the ability to translate those environments into blueprints to lead the migration to future-state environments. This position must help resolve various architectural links and technology choices in the challenge of building the model and ensure that proper questions are raised and answered by stakeholders in order to balance strategic integration issues with urgent business needs.
- Assists in high, mid-level, & technical design for new applications projects. Actively searches for opportunities for architectural and other types of reuse.
- Develop and maintains application architecture components and deliverables, monitors changing business requirements (ensuring they are supported by the Enterprise Application Architecture), assesses needed structural changes to the application portfolio and environment, and monitors technological advancements, incorporating them into the application architecture as appropriate.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to define the enterprise application strategy and set direction for application portfolios. Collaborates with principal customers and business analysts in applications, enterprise infrastructure, business technology, and other key departments to define current architectures, identify real or potential problem areas, and facilitate consensus on integration, nature and timing of changes.
- Help manage the capture, management and access of the data encompassing enterprise application architecture, data architecture and technical architecture. Ensure that information is complete and current to support the development and maintenance of information systems
- Identify and analyze impacts as applications and systems are integrated, changed/upgraded, and retired
- Assist in the development of transition plans for moving from the current to the future state environment across application portfolios.
- Troubleshoot system and data issues
- Work with architecture, business, and data management peers in the development and ongoing maintenance of company system metadata.
- Provide technical and operational guidance on application configuration and data analysis
- Evaluate new products and solutions and participate in vendor selection
- Understand the interdependencies of systems and data across the Finance business line and other functional areas
- Possesses a broad understanding of hardware and systems software technologies, network infrastructure, data integrity and distribution design, application and execution architecture design, and system performance and optimization design. Understands issues and details of integrating diverse technology to deliver scalable, robust, and high performance solutions.
- Advanced understanding of data at both a functional and technical level in order to troubleshoot and identify potential issues
- Has 7-10 years of experience designing, implementing and improving business system applications and database technologies
- Ability to analyze, learn, and apply rapidly changing technologies, and apply them as part of integrated solutions to business requirements.
- Working knowledge of relational database technology, network architecture and application development methodologies
- Solid analytical problem solving skills and planning and organizational capabilities.
- Experience building complex workflows and business process maps
- Ability to review, document and propose recommendations on potential new products or updates/releases to existing products and applications as well as networks and architectures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with strict deadlines and time pressure
- Proficiency in one or more database systems (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience leveraging SQL Server (SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, and SSAS) to support reporting and integration
- Experience with Finance and/or ERP systems a plus
- B.S, B.A. in Computer Science or Business preferred.