The VP Supply Chain is responsible for developing, implementing, and leading global supply chain strategies, practices and processes that will provide the company with a world-class supply chain organization.
noThe VP of Supply Chain has responsibility for the development and maintenance of strategic supply chain initiatives, including Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) and Global Capacity Planning. Additionally, this leadership role provides input and support on initiatives to improve the gross margins of the business in both operational and commercial areas of the business as required.
This position has ultimate responsibility for the management of customer service levels, on-time delivery performance and working capital performance directly related to inventory deployment and efficiency. The individual also has responsibility for continual optimization of the supply chain network aligned with customer service level requirements and customer segmentation strategies, identification of cost savings opportunities and overall management of inventory levels and customer service levels.
This position will lead a planning and sourcing team responsible for driving supply chain initiatives across the company. This position will report to the EVP of Global Operations and will be responsible for setting the strategic vision for the supply chain organization. The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet's principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive operational excellence in supply chain capabilities through a 3-year strategic roadmap.
- Responsible for setting the strategic and tactical direction for global supply chain efforts, ensuring integration with business vision and strategy.
- Develop and Implement a standard Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) or Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process at both the group and plants levels.
- Create and manage a Global Capacity Plan for all segments of the business.
- Lead the implementation of Finite Capacity Planning & Scheduling processes in conjunction with ERP harmonization.
- Provide group oversight of OTD and Lead-Time improvement projects at manufacturing plants.
- Partner and collaborate with other functions to support strategic goals for sourcing materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the supply chain processes by leveraging best practices and Lean principles, in line with the Tecomet Business System (TBS).
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and control systems to reduce costs, streamline and standardize processes and procedures and implement innovative solutions.
- Financial responsibilities of this position include direct accountability for all company inventory.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering field
- Master's degree preferred
- Ten years of experience as a leader in Supply Chain
- Experience in a manufacturing industry required
- Experience with a centralized business model preferred
- In-depth understanding of Epicor, or similar ERP system, preferred
- CPM certification desired
- APICS preferred
- Licenses and certifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
- In-depth knowledge of contract negotiations, and supply chain best practices
- Current with relevant trends and applications.
- Start-up mentality, able to embrace new challenges and thrive in a collaborative environment.