GENERAL SUMMARY: The VP of Supply Chain serves as the central resource for designing and executing responsible, cost effective supply chain strategies across all areas of Coordinated Health. He/she is responsible for successfully developing and executing strategies in support of the largest area of non-labor expense for the hospital network—medical, surgical and clinical supplies. The VP of Supply Chain role is accountable for developing a system-wide approach in collaboration with AHS for end-to-end supply chain integration that delivers customer service and support to the caregiver. The VP is responsible for the design, development and execution of a supply chain vision, strategic plan and annual operating plan that includes inventory management, direct and indirect material purchasing, strategic sourcing, capital, leases and software purchases. Job Duties:
- Direct the efficient, purposeful and responsible development and delivery of service contracts
- Work with the Value Analysis team to develop system-wide processes that manage product conversions, standardization and utilization targets
- Lead, plan and evaluate day-to-day operations of business to ensure systematic progress and facilitate implementation of top performing supply chain operations as it relates to non-labor expenses.
- Ensure compliance with DNV and other regulatory requirements for supply management
- Research, benchmark, introduce, and customize best practices in medical device evaluation, inventory management and distribution operations
- Work cross functionally on all areas of cost control including IT, General and Administrative and equipment purchases
- Provide leadership for efficient, purposeful and responsible development and delivery of service contracts including new spend, and contract renewals
- Establish professional, effective relationships with physicians, clinicians and senior leadership to evaluate and obtain the best quality medical implants, devices, and supplies while minimizing the total cost of ownership
- Provide strategic input and direction to support capital projects during proposed and approved projects
- Review performance of strategic initiatives by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics, advancing solutions as they become available.
- Reduce overall hospital network costs through high quality, professional process-driven vendor negotiations, bundling, total cost of ownership model, and improved efficiencies that can be tracked through to the bottom line.
- Streamline material management processes to reduce waste and improve efficiency and inventory turns
- Participate in workforce planning and employment decisions
- Mentor and coach staff to ensure that departmental objectives are met
- Assure a complete succession plan for rollup up to and including own position; actively mentor others into the leadership role
- Maximize existing talent by providing counsel, leadership, guidance and direction and assisting in the development of an organizational culture appropriate to support the mission.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledge of clinical practices and processes, legal and regulatory requirements and mandates, and the ability to gather and evaluate data and outcome results to use in planning hospital operations, budgets, and process improvement
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional people management and leadership skills
- Strategic vision and thinking; ability to position the organization for the future
- Strong business acumen, intelligence, and capacity; able to think strategically and implement tactically
- Approach supply chain as an interconnected system, understanding the major objectives and breaking them down into meaningful action step
- Strong organizational abilities and the flexibility to adjust to changing conditions and the various details of the position
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Supply Chain, or related field; master’s degree strongly preferred
- 8 years of experience in procurement and inventory control in healthcare or medical device industry
- 5 years of leadership experience within healthcare or medical device industry
Job ID: 18014116