$250K — $500K+*
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
The Global Strategy, Corporate Development and Partnerships (GSCD&P) team is responsible for influencing the long-term direction of Xero. This broader team works closely with Senior Executives to lead critical strategic projects across Xero’s Global business.
As a senior leader within this diverse and high performing team, you will be taking the lead on some of our most important strategic and commercial decisions – such as how we deploy our resources and capital, and how we drive acquisitions, investments and partnerships of all sizes. This in turn shapes our ability to positively impact the lives of people in small business, their advisers and communities around the world.
As a Strategy GM, you’ll also work closely with Senior Executives across the company to lead critical strategic and operational initiatives across all areas of the business – from new market entry to new product development. You will lead a global team focussed on tackling some of the biggest questions facing the company globally.
What you'll do
• Lead the ongoing definition and evolution of our corporate long-term strategy, including evaluating the changing landscape in which Xero operates, identifying the most attractive opportunities and ensuring Xero is positioned to win in the future
• Lead cross-functional teams from Global Strategy and other areas across Xero to explore, evaluate, and recommend strategies and tactics to drive Xero’s corporate priorities
• Take the lead in solving the most complex strategic issues facing Xero (e.g. strategic deficiency, product deficiency, target identification)
• Partner with Xero’s leadership team to plan, scope and execute on a portfolio of strategic / commercial projects
• Lead the communication of trends, implications and recommendations to senior stakeholders (e.g. Board, Executive, Senior Management)
• Develop strategic relationships with influential stakeholders both within Xero and externally
• Act as a key contributor for range of strategic planning and finance activities (e.g. annual strategy reviews to business case development and working closely with finance, capital allocation processes)
• Monitor and forecast changes to customer / business / market needs and lead initiatives to deliver an optimal response for Xero (e.g. changes to ways of working, operating models)Improve and embed processes, systems and tools that promote consistency, rigour and responsiveness across GSCD&P
• Track the success of GSCD&P related initiatives, metrics and solutions across Xero to redirect team focus and effort
• Lead, coach and support your teams to do their best work
• Cultivate a fun, rewarding, innovative and results-driven culture that lives and breathes our values
What you'll bring with you
• MBA or relevant degree (preferably a quantitative or business related field) from a top-tier institution
• 10 – 15+ years of related experience
• Experience in structuring and managing complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
• Extensive experience interacting with and presenting to Senior Executives and Board members on a regular basis
• Demonstrated success in past roles helping teams develop priorities and execute choices that led to winning in their chosen domain
• Example project types may include: long-term strategy; internal consulting; strategic perspective on operational projects; business case
• Extensive experience in the SaaS / Accounting industry and / or adjacent sectors relevant to Xero (preferred) Interest in digital transformation
• Consulting (internal or external) experience at senior leadership-level
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Valid through: 10/29/2021
$80K — $120K + $150K bonus + no cap on commissions *
2 days ago