The Consumer Information Services Strategy & Business Development team works closely with our product and engineering teams, to develop and drive our business strategy and to bring world-class talent, technology, products, and businesses to our clients and customers through third-party partnerships and acquisitions. The team is responsible for working across product and corporate teams to negotiate, structure, and execute impactful partnerships & acquisitions. This role supports the strategic planning process and key strategic projects working closely with our product, finance, senior leaders and corporate strategy teams throughout the year. The team is responsible for informing product strategy by surfacing unique partnership & acquisition opportunities and competitive intelligence. This is a unique opportunity to lead and grow a team that works with product, engineering, data analytics, our alternative data strategy and the broader strategic efforts at Experian. This leader drives our alternative data strategy and execution of unique data assets across alternative financial services, rental and property data, user permissioned data, utility & wireless data, along with other valuable data sources.
• Guide the development, communication, management and measurement of strategic plans annually and throughout the year.
• Work closely with product teams and senior management to identify and execute major partnership and acquisition, collaborating across functions with Finance, Corporate Development, Legal and the executive team to ensure they are accretive and generate or exceed expected returns.
• Develop and update market scans and deal pipeline for potential opportunities for partnerships and acquisitions that can help accelerate our strategic priorities.
• Drive the assessment, strategy development and planning associated with new business initiatives and other strategic efforts, partnering with product and engineering teams to launch innovation efforts.
• Develop and execute on our alternative data strategy by creating differentiated data assets and developing alternative data analytical products and services.
• Develop industry-wide relationships to create new partnership and acquisition opportunities, inform product strategy and roadmaps, and stay abreast of the competitive landscape.
• Provide support as needed to the Corporate Strategy group for the research of strategic concepts.
• Conduct research and competitive analysis for special projects, develop alternative solutions, present findings, and make recommendations.
• Support both Company’s and business unit’s culture of trust, commitment, accountability and innovation.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
MBA preferred but not required
Skills and Experience:
• Ability to define strategy, articulate vision, and create plans on how to move forward and work collaboratively with teams to influence change.
• Ability to effectively drive and manage through change, can shift gears as needed and make fast, data driven decisions. Seeks to continuously improve outcomes. Can comfortably handle and lead through uncertainty and risk
• Ability to think strategically and creatively, while also managing the details and driving tactical execution. Independent and articulate thinker who can make compelling data-based arguments.
• Be highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and adeptly with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
• Have diverse set of experiences across strategy development, client engagement, competitive intelligence, market analysis, product innovation, data analytics and operational excellence.
• Skillfully handle complex situations, multiple responsibilities, and balance priorities of long-term and immediate projects.
• Experience managing partnership and M&A processes for a wide variety of transactions and complexity. Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to track and manage complex processes from start to finish.
• Ability to recruit and hire uniquely valuable talent and lead and inspire a high performing team.
• Ability to inspire others by actively communicating and motivating all levels of employees; removes roadblocks and acts as an advocate for their team.
• 7-10 years of related professional experience