The Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, Pottery Barn Brand will partner with the Brand President to review our road map along with developing new competitive strategies to acquire new customers, win in the home furnishings marketplace and gain market share. This role will be an industry expert by having a deep understanding of market and competitive trends, uncovering deep consumer insights and driving key capability-building initiatives The Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, Pottery Barn will have the responsibility for the development, implementation and execution of new business ideas. This role reports directly to the Brand President.
* Aggressively expand upon new business ideas and channels of execution.
* Act as key partner and adviser to the Brand President on critical changes in the competitive landscape, global marketplace and external business environment.
* Engage external business and industry experts to learn and influence business strategies, constantly remaining alert and forward-thinking about opportunities and risks in the marketplace
* Frames and manages strategic projects and initiatives end-to-end; maintains responsibility for deliverables, timelines, and stakeholder buy-in. Regularly provide updates on progress of each project.
* Develop projections for new business ideas and its potential impact on sales, margin, and expenses to aid in strategic decisions.
* Partner with cross-functional leaders and develop project plans and calendar to drive new strategy execution, ensuring adequate milestones/checkpoints and measurable deliverables across the organization
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Prior home furnishing experience strongly preferred; retail experience is a must
* Excellent communications skills, natural collaborator, ability to develop rapport and credibility across the organization and promote ideas persuasively
* Ability to drive innovative thinking, propensity to think beyond walls of current business to uncover new areas of growth
* Strong project management, sound judgment and track record of success in leading strategic initiatives in matrixed organization
Strategic and Analytical Capability - Ability to think globally and strategically about the business. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Influence and Collaboration -- Build and sustain collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Build trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
Entrepreneurial Spirit - Practices astute decision making and calculated risk taking for the benefit of the business. Launch new ideas through passionate curiosity and the ability to adapt and lead change.
Requisition Number: PB-10454