The Vice President of Strategic Operations serves as the domain expert/owner for the Life Licensing, Commissions & Contracting (LC&C) team, driving the definition and prioritization of investment. This leader will have direct span of control accountability for LC&C domain experts as well as project management and business analysts.
LC&C’s goal to provide world-class, accurate and efficient commission payment solutions to our vast network of distributors, who sell life insurance products primarily through independent marketing organizations, independent insurance agents, financial advisors, and direct marketing.
Your contribution at AIG
As a Leader and People Manager, you make the difference in an employee’s experience at work. Great leaders provide direction, inspire and motivate their teams.
You will be expected to develop and grow talent, and empower and coach your team toward higher levels of performance, as well as towards the customer-focused culture that we are shaping at AIG Life & Retirement. You are respected for your deep technical expertise and/or ability to oversee programs and processes.
You balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, making sound decisions using data, analysis, experience, and judgment, along with a risk and accountability mindset. Ultimately, you take ownership for key outcomes.
- Define the LC&C business architecture, including the development of capability, investment roadmaps, and business case definition.
- Oversee ongoing day–to-day business as usual changes, including but not limited to, product implementations, maintenance of regulatory and compliance changes and strengthening of the control environment.
- Actively participate in the Life Operations & Systems Leadership Team to execute on strategic LC&C technology initiatives, as well as, oversee and manage operational changes.
- Ensure alignment of L,C&C strategies with other key life functions including Operations, Distribution Services, Systems/IT, Product Development, and Sales & Distribution.
- Develop quantifiable metrics to demonstrate effectiveness of activities and to prove contribution to the achievement of the LC&C strategic initiatives.
- Proactively identify potential gaps in delivery for change initiatives and facilitate actions to close issues and mitigate risks.
- As the leader of a major functional organization, you will provide direction, motivate and grow talent, and empower and coach teams toward higher levels of performance.Bolster the Customer Culture within the organization, with emphasis on L,C&C strategies that impact Customer Experience and Customer Loyalty.
- Create and execute innovative stakeholder communications strategies to educate and inform key constituents and current supporters about activities and accomplishments.
- Mobilize the L,C&C team to plan effectively and “get the plan off the page” with efficiency and flexibility – measuring results and adjusting the plan to reach aggressive goals quickly.
What we are looking for
- Extensive knowledge of the life insurance business, including multiple distributionchannels and business processes.
- 10+ years industry experience and a deep understanding of LC&C commission platforms, including Callidus, and financialaudit controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; Master’s degree a plus.
- Strategic, creative, analytical and financial acumen, as well as, a strong business intellect and action orientation.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence various levels of management, and to work across diverse business functions and teams that are geographically dispersed.
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects and consistent track record of meeting deadlines.
- Proven record required for effectively leading teams, providing direction, motivating and growing employees to drive high levels of performance.