VP, Strategic Initiatives Leader - Resolution Services
Resolution Services, the back office of Synchrony Financial, provides off phone processing and research to resolve customer and partner inquiries. RS processes over 12 million inquiries per year through written, email, phone, social media, escalated and regulatory requests. There are 780 FTE located both domestically and internationally. The Strategic Initiatives Manager is a key role that owns technological enhancements, performance metrics, workforce planning, reporting and analysis and the relationship roles with the clients.
- The leader will work cross functionally to ensure execution and performance of RS processes and projects as defined by Business goals.
- Engage with functional process partners to align RS associate efficiency and effectiveness metrics to ensure associate engagement and successful achievement of business goals.
- Produce and deliver executive overviews on RS financial performance and derive plans to ensure goals are met.
- Work cross functionally to develop annual operating plans and reforecasts and track performance and make necessary adjustments.
- Advocate process improvements and adoption of Bank level change control processes.
- Lead the RS Relationship Managers to ensure that all contractual service levels are met in concert with new client implementation.
- Liaison with Operations resources for RS workforce planning and staffing in a dynamic high volume environment. Define programs to ensure RS leadership is equipped to monitor process performance and raise red flags as needed.
- Work with Strategic Solutions to design future automation.
- Drive First Contact Resolution and ensure analysis and closed loop process for this KPI.
- The leader is the Records Information Management SME for Resolution Services and supports quarterly and annual attestation needs.
- Work with other Operations groups to integrate Resolution Services best practices as well as adopt best practices from other functions.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent or 4 years of equivalent work experience
- 5+ years back office or process ownership in a regulated industry or escalated service management experience
- 3+ years of experience in a management role responsible for employment decisions, performance appraisals, etc.
- 5+ years Project Managementexperience related to operating process improvement
- 5+ years Process documentation and controls experience
- Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Black Belt or other Six Sigma certification, PMP or other project certification
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Demonstrated financial management as it relates to managing a high-volume shop
- Ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong analytical background
- Proven strategic thinking and execution skills
- Effective cross-functional communication and organization skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to anticipate and drive change
- Proven ability in presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization, including Sr. Leaders
- Proven experience in cultivating relationships
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Job ID: 1800001908