- Serve as a strategic thought partner on new innovative strategies for enhancing the University’s product portfolio and delivery capabilities; identify solutions in the marketplace that align with the University’s goals and help accelerate achievement of those goals; understand the competitive marketplace to identify strategic opportunities and threats.
- Collaborate with executive sponsors to identify, negotiate, manage and deepen strategic partnerships by maintaining a robust and growing network of contacts in the education industry, which spans mature organizations through smaller, innovative organizations in the ed tech community; participate in education events and conferences.
- Use a systematic approach to establish deep relationships with strategic partners to understand their strategy, key decision makers, organizational structure, decisions rights, business solutions, roadmaps and go-to-market focus; maintain active relationships with key partners reinforcing our leadership position in the market, proactively addressing business issues and identifying ways to maximize value for both parties.
- Conduct market, financial and operations research to support a partnership strategy; communicate partner intelligence and partnership opportunities to key stakeholders; participate in corporate development activities when necessary or relevant.
- Conduct due diligence and structure complex partnership agreements that support business goals, including but not limited to joint product development, revenue share arrangements, white labeling and minority investments.
- Coordinate quarterly meetings to identify and prioritize partnership opportunities and address risk and opportunities with current partners; Identify and track relevant metrics of success and periodically report to the executive leadership team on status all aspects of strategic partnerships (target identification, deal sourcing, deal execution, and post-partner integration).
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Approximately 35% travel expectations
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field
• Eight (8) years of relevant work experience, including some combination of management consulting, investment banking, merger & acquisition, corporate/partnership development, private equity or business development
• Master of Business Administration
• Three (3) years of experience in the higher education industry
• Ten (10) years of relevant work experience, including some combination of management consulting, investment banking, merger & acquisition, corporate/partnership development, private equity or business development
• Strong leadership skills and able to work with senior executives
• Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex financial transactions
• Able to influence and build relationships across all levels of an organization, internally and externally
• Proven ability to recognize industry change, develop an understanding of long-term implications and deliver recommended strategies for new partnership opportunities
• Extensive experience formulating a partnership vision, strategy and execution plan
• Extensive relevant higher education and ed tech industry contacts
• Successful track record of starting from scratch to develop, negotiate and structure complex deals
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with an ability to interact effectively with business development leaders, executives and cross-functional teams and promote ideas and proposals persuasively
• Creative, critical thinker with customer service mindset
• Fluent in managing strategic and product-related issues in a high-tech setting, process re-engineering and complex negotiations
• Able to handle multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment